• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

FTH-2070 Programming issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

10-95

I have a pair of FTH2070 radios here that are giving me programming issues. I have two versions of software, on the older version as as I am in the window to download and hit the "Mon" button to put it in RX I get ERR1. The newer version of software is 1.60 and I get to the window to download and hit "mon" and it goes to RX and then after downloading it gives the ERR1. Have you had any experience with this problem? Is it a software issue? Or a com port speed issue??

10-95

I have a pair of FTH2070 radios here that are giving me programming issues. I have two versions of software, on the older version as as I am in the window to download and hit the "Mon" button to put it in RX I get ERR1. The newer version of software is 1.60 and I get to the window to download and hit "mon" and it goes to RX and then after downloading it gives the ERR1. Have you had any experience with this problem? Is it a software issue? Or a com port speed issue??

Problem Fixed! Software version issue...

m1bpt

Help required to reprogram FTH-2070

I have just purchased a FTH2070 and would like information on what is required and any known bugs when re-programming such as what platform , speed and software versions are needed. Kindest Regards Paul M1BPT

USP45

I have an FTH2070 and at turn on it shows ERR2. The radio will go into test mode when pressing PRI and turning it on, showing a flashing TXRX but it wll not accept any commands when I try and write to it. My software version is 1.62, any ideas on how to clear it? Any suggested gurus that I can call or email to help me out? Thanks a lot--

s56ips

same problem

i have two fth-2070, programing box FBR2070 - same broblem - ERR1
version of my software is 1.51.....

helpppp...

s56ips
samo

Status
Not open for further replies.