Yaesu: FTM100dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

goochster410

Premium Subscriber
New to yaesu and even newer to mobile. My experience has been with dmr ht's so I am somewhat lost. I want to be able to save different areas of repeaters to a sd card then read it into the radio BUT I can't figure out how to make separate areas on the sd card??
Any help would be appreciated

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I've had a 100 for awhile and other SD card supported mobiles. Generally the radios has a fixed manner it deals with the SD card that does not include for lack of a better word "profiles" having different loads. Using the manufactures software or something like RTSystems programing software you can create different loads on the computer, write them to different SD cards with the appropriate naming convention. Load as needed from the different cards to the radio.

Personally I group area repeaters (cities) by channel number. Zero to 9 would be closest or most often used. 10 to 19 would be the next further out and well you get the idea. I forget if the 100 uses memory groups to organize channels into easily selected and used section. Maybe that's something else to look for.
Good Luck,
Mike

goochster410

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the help. It's a learning curve that is different than the dmr systems I learned first. I'll have to research the memory area for there is a memory A limit and Memory B limit that I need to look into.
Thanks
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.