• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Future of OKC radio

I have put in a few of the frequencies and talk groups others have listed in this thread in a new OKC system favorites list. I have gotten a few hits from Springlake and Hefner, but they are pretty sporadic and definitely muffled sounding. I experimented with some settings including attenuation and digital AGC.

This is on a Uniden BCD-536 and I have the ProVoice EDACS, and that favorites list still works well, although I have noticed some of the same muffled sound on some of the mutual aid channels in recent months.

Any suggestions on settings that I might need to adjust for this type of problem?

Also in addition to above, when I entered this system, I put in as a P25 Trunk. Is that correct? P25 x2-TDMA? Some other type of system? When I do get hits on what I put in, they do not say P25 on the display anywhere.

Also in addition to above, when I entered this system, I put in as a P25 Trunk. Is that correct? P25 x2-TDMA? Some other type of system? When I do get hits on what I put in, they do not say P25 on the display anywhere.
APCO P25 PHASE II has its own TDMA. Jot down these frequencies in the image and enter them in for now. These are the only ones being used until the cutover finishes. Something tells me you don't have Phase II programmed into that scanner, I hope to be wrong on that. x2 TDMA seems to be another type of system separate from APCO P25

Attachments

plaws

Premium Subscriber
APCO P25 PHASE II has its own TDMA. Jot down these frequencies in the image and enter them in for now. These are the only ones being used until the cutover finishes. Something tells me you don't have Phase II programmed into that scanner, I hope to be wrong on that. x2 TDMA seems to be another type of system separate from APCO P25
P25 is P25. Older sites aren't up-to-date with the latest TDMA ability but scanners don't care. The sites don't care, either - if a pre-TDMA "subscriber unit" (that's marketing for "radio") connects to a talkgroup, it just drops back to non-TDMA.

If your (Uniden) scanner is capable of P25 with TDMA (aka "Phase 2") then it should just work when it's set to P25 Trunk. Not sure if I've listened to OKC's new system yet, but it's in my 436. Can't hear the system at work on a rubber dummy load (even though it's a Remtronix) but I'm sure it will be fine.

P25 is P25. Older sites aren't up-to-date with the latest TDMA ability but scanners don't care. The sites don't care, either - if a pre-TDMA "subscriber unit" (that's marketing for "radio") connects to a talkgroup, it just drops back to non-TDMA.

If your (Uniden) scanner is capable of P25 with TDMA (aka "Phase 2") then it should just work when it's set to P25 Trunk. Not sure if I've listened to OKC's new system yet, but it's in my 436. Can't hear the system at work on a rubber dummy load (even though it's a Remtronix) but I'm sure it will be fine.
I am not listening on a scanning radio with trunking abilities. My setup is 100 percent software defined radio. DSD+ FastLane sees TDMA slots when there is a transmission on a frequency on the new system. The current units will be reprogrammed for the new system saving Oklahoma City tax payers a ton of cash. That's according to the project schedule I posted some days ago.

Some new talk groups have appeared on the new system

275 Santa Fe
369 Oklahoma County Sheriff Ch 1 Link
353 OHP Troop A Metro 1 Link
Mostly unique radio identifiers appear per talkgroup with an occasional external in the source column.
I am guessing they are now reprogramming more radios in preparation for acceptance in a month.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Some new talk groups have appeared on the new system

275 Santa Fe
369 Oklahoma County Sheriff Ch 1 Link
353 OHP Troop A Metro 1 Link
Mostly unique radio identifiers appear per talkgroup with an occasional external in the source column.
I am guessing they are now reprogramming more radios in preparation for acceptance in a month.
Other than 275 they have all been on before but then were removed so i dont anticipate these staying I wouldnt get too excited for a long while.
On the flip side when I ran a call yesterday with PD their dispatch sounded very much like muffled P25 audio but not sure just going by sound.

Its muffled here using DSD 2.169 FL. I labelled them. Springlake tg274 was appearing but nor now. Tg275 santa fe is there. It shows supergroup when i load it. I think this phase of testing is about to complete and soon system cutover. I been trying to follow along with the project schedule. Kind of next to impossible to figure out what they are doing. The traffic is increasing.