Garbled transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenicks

Premium Subscriber
So I have my scanner all programmed and when I recieve some transmissions, it sounds like the are garbeled. Is this something I have to live with, or is there a way to tune them in better. I live 4 miles from the transmitter, so getting 5 bars on the scanner!

a29zuk

Are you listening to a simucast system? If you are, they cause havoc with scanners. A beam antennea pointed at just one tower of the simulcast will resolve the issue.

captclint

Mentor
So I have my scanner all programmed and when I recieve some transmissions, it sounds like the are garbeled. Is this something I have to live with, or is there a way to tune them in better. I live 4 miles from the transmitter, so getting 5 bars on the scanner!
From your previous posts, I am guessing you have this trouble only on digital. I don't have any digital, so I am just trying to clarify for those who read this who DO.

Highpockets

According to the database, Surprise PD has a encrypted talk group, and there are others on that system, maybe that's what your hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.