Good Longwave Night

pjxii

Taking part in the NDB group's Coordinated Listening Event for the first time, logged quite a few new ones including four from Canada down here in southwest Florida (one from British Columbia). More north of the border than in-state beacons. Thankfully I remembered that the CRF-1 has a pretty good noise blanker, I had given up beacon hunting out of frustration, the DX-1000 was barely effective.

WA8ZTZ

Noisy conditions here early this morning but did manage to hear 415 CBC Cayman Brac CYM.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Heard YWA, Petawawa, Ontario on Friday night, just below the AM broadcast band on 516 kHz. Also heard Radio Reloj (Radio Clock) on the AM broadcast band that night, which sends "RR" using Morse code on the minute.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I've run WSPR (using WSJT-X) at 474.2 kHz on the 630 meter band. I had my IC-7600 connected to an 80 meter inverted vee..

After leaving it on all night, I managed to log about 8 stations spread fairly evenly across the US and Canada.

Still have to try it on the 2200 meter band at 136 kHz. (But I don't know if my 80 meter Vee will cut it).