SDS100/SDS200: GPS Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Interesting thing happening with my GPS cable. Plug it in, GPS works, apparently powers the radio, but no red led to show charging. No complains since it powers and GPS works, but just though this was weird. LED is one with my other cables when connected to power or my computer. Bought a new cable just in case.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Not sure this is it from your post, but.....

If you ever get the low voltage (whatever the error says), it automatically resets the charge while on to off.
You have to manually go re-set it to on, if you ever get that error.

RBMTS

Check your settings. Settings -> Battery Options. There is a setting to turn charging on/off when the radio is on. If it is set to off (not charging), the red light will not be on.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Not sure this is it from your post, but.....

If you ever get the low voltage (whatever the error says), it automatically resets the charge while on to off.
You have to manually go re-set it to on, if you ever get that error.
Tomorrow I have to check the voltage out of the USB port in the car I'm using. It only happen with the GPS cable. Thanks!

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Well, I've come to the conclusion that more than likely there was a drop in voltage for whatever reason. Input voltage reads 4.5 volts. Bought a second cable....just in case. Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.