HP-1: GPS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Was out on a road trip yesterday and noticed that when my HP-1 reloaded the database, the avoids I had set in place were erased. Is that a normal operation or is my HP-1 just acting funky?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

:)

phask

Premium Subscriber
Permanent or temporary?

I've never seen it re-load a permanent one. Temp it will.

Was out on a road trip yesterday and noticed that when my HP-1 reloaded the database, the avoids I had set in place were erased. Is that a normal operation or is my HP-1 just acting funky?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you set temporary avoids, they are cleared every time you cycle power.

If you set a permanent avoid (by hitting the avoid button twice) on a frequency while listening to that freq in a favorite list, it is avoided in that favorite list, but not in the main database. For example, you create a favorite list called Police, populate it from the database, and listen only to that favorite list. You hear some non-police traffic on 123.456 and put an avoid on that freq. That avoid is stored in the Police favorite list. If you turn off the Police list and turn on the main database, you will hear traffic on 123.456 again.

If you never want to hear 123.456 again, avoid it while listening to the main database. But you still might hear traffic on it if it is a local frequency (as opposed to a nationwide, like CB or FRS), and you travel to another state where there is a different local database entry for 123.456.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Permanent or temporary?

I've never seen it re-load a permanent one. Temp it will.

Yes, they are usually temporary avoids. It's not usually a problem since I'm usually out of range of the systems I avoided, but yesterday was a different story. I guess next time I can set them as permanent and then go into the menu to erase them if need be.

Thanks for the info phask, I appreciate it.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Temporary avoids are reset when your scanner loads (or reloads) the database files. This can be from:

- Power on/off
- Changing favorites lists/DB selection
- Moving far enough (with GPS enabled, or by "moving" from one zip code to another) that the radio has to load a different part of the database (example: crossing a state line)

There's probably other situations where this will happen, but I can't recall right now.

If you see your radio suddenly say "Now Loading / Load Full Database / Load Favorites List" (or any combination thereof), feel confident that your temp avoids are gone (and you've crossed into a "new" part of the DB that wasn't previously loaded into working memory).

Status
Not open for further replies.