• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Gr1225

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2vvj

Premium Subscriber
Done a lot of searching to no avail...

I am purchasing a VHF GR1225 for use with the Ski Patrol at the mountain I work at. We have everything set up for usage, I just need to program and interface with the radio.

Anybody have any info or have the RSS for the rig? Any tips. PM me or email me at robinson.bradleyj@gmail.com if you have any info.

BRAD

KJ6HCB

You simply cant ask for RSS here, or anything like that. Its illegal and Motorola actively hunts people down and prosecutes. See the ANNOUNCEMENT at the top of this forum.

The GR1225 Will need an older (SLOW, SLOW) computer, along with the proper interface cable, Motorola RIB, software, etc.

I have OEM equipment, software, and cables to program for you if interested.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the proper license for a repeater ? Is the ski area licensed? more important than getting it programmed. Too many "seasonal" uses getting thrown on the air and then interfering with licensed users..

cmdrwill

Do you have the proper license for a repeater ? Is the ski area licensed? more important than getting it programmed. Too many "seasonal" uses getting thrown on the air and then interfering with licensed users..

And being cited and fined by the FCC.

Most do not like unlicensed radio transmitters.

kc2vvj

Premium Subscriber
Yes we are licensed and have everything ready to go, as I said. And I never asked for the RSS for me to own, I merely asked if anyone had the capability of programming it.

73s
KC2VVJ

wyomingmedic

also people don't read very well

73s

Just as a quick etiquette thought, this is kinda bad form. It is like walking into a party and starting a conversation with everybody, only to demand a reply be snail mailed. And it must not inconvenience you too much as you were easily able to return and offer a rebuttal.

And unfortunately your question was vague. "Anybody have any info or have the RSS for the rig?". You actually didn't ask if anybody had the capability to program. You left a rather incomplete question then asked people to privately contact you. This seems very subversive and alarm bells go off.

So it sounds like you may have burned your programming bridge with a few folks.

WM

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
There is also the possibility that you can get a local shop to program the radio, plus if your GR has a duplexer, that may need to be tuned depending on what the radio was originally tuned for and where you are going to.
While here and at Batlabs it's bad to ask, you can try some of the Yahoo forums. They can be very helpful, and don't judge you. Now mind you I am not advocating untrained people programming radios that don't have a GROL, but you will receive a much warmer response and more detailed information there.

mancow

Database Admin
A google search found this. I'm not familiar with the GR repeaters and perhaps the software allows programming of hang timer and CW etc... if they have that feature but according to this post the regular software for the radios will at least allow you to change the frequencies.

Yahoo! Groups

KJ6HCB

also people don't read very well

73s

That just means he wants people to illegally email or PM him software, using RadioReference as a medium. That simply wont happen here - who cares about the end user... go to jail. It puts RR in jeopardy... which is why its taken seriously.

kc2vvj

Premium Subscriber
Not true at all. I respond quicker to emails while at work.
I am donating the equipment for use at my ski resort where I am an instructor and patrolman. We have issues with simplex communication "dead spots"

I do not, nor would I ask for the RSS for myself
1. Takes business and money away from those who make income repairing and programming comm radio equipment
2. Motorola forbids the use/ ownership of this equipment by unauthorized parties

KJ6HBC,
I hope this clears things up.

I'm simply looking fOr people who can and are willing to aid me in my "quest" to upgrade the communication issues of those who save lives and protect those in a sport where death is quite likely. I have personally been affected at resorts with subpar communication.

For everyone's info, I have found a local Motorola dealer who is willing to re-program our portables and the repeater.
Have a great New Year everyone,

KC2VVJ

kc2vvj

Premium Subscriber
Just as a quick etiquette thought, this is kinda bad form. It is like walking into a party and starting a conversation with everybody, only to demand a reply be snail mailed. And it must not inconvenience you too much as you were easily able to return and offer a rebuttal.

And unfortunately your question was vague. "Anybody have any info or have the RSS for the rig?". You actually didn't ask if anybody had the capability to program. You left a rather incomplete question then asked people to privately contact you. This seems very subversive and alarm bells go off.

So it sounds like you may have burned your programming bridge with a few folks.

WM

I can agree with this and see your point. My initial post was vague and incomplete. My apologies.

KC2VVJ

kc2vvj

Premium Subscriber
Belleayre. However the license will be IG and under my name. Waiting for the coordinator to set up monitor channels

Last edited:

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
OK i can hear that tower over here....My sister Brother in law ski there often PM me what you picked i know a lot of the local freqs around here.....might save ya some time...theres A LOT of protected VHF stuff in that area....i have a few things on a large mtn my self....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.