Software Gray line map

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB46

I just ran across a nice, simple gray line map that runs offline on Windows:

It updates every ten minutes according to your system clock, and can be resized or moved around on the screen. A UTC clock is displayed, as well.

Previously I had been using a far more complicated program that only displayed the map in a small window, and the rest of the screen was cluttered with data that I didn't need, like climate information for various countries, etc. It took up about 29 MB on my drive. The one I found today takes up only 154 kb, and is just the map itself, which was all I was looking for. Screenshot of the app covering my entire screen (screenshot reduced in size):

Gray_line_map.jpg

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Can be turned on and off at will.
What's the link, Mike? We can add it to our wiki....the other Mike

majoco

Stirrer
I use WXTrack from David Taylor - it's really a satellite tracker so it's handy for spitting the ISS/Zarya but you can show lots of other things as well - like all the GPS satellites! The day/night shading is not so obvious but with some fiddling you can make it easier to see. Once you have it running David would like you to register but it's free to do that. When your satellite data (Keplerian Elements) become stale the log-in screen prompts you to update but it's just a couple of key clicks away. You can also run time forward so you can see when the ISS or whatever is coming in to radio range or viewable - no, it doesn't do the lottery results for next weekend!

Clipboard01.jpg

mbott

Premium Subscriber
CSVUserlistBrowser is another one. It probably gets the most use when I'm listening because it interfaces with all the SDR software I use.Screenshot 2021-01-01 19.47.08.png

Status
Not open for further replies.