New DSD+ FastLane - June 28/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD723

Can someone create a video of this fastlane release showing the new added functions and decodings of the digital protocols like dmr and p25 to see what has changed in terms of like quality and preformance? Sort of like a little review video lol

Rotella

The knowledge you folks have is hard for me to grasp.
I just want to monitor public safety with my meager sdr setup,(which I barely understand) so was hoping it was gonna decode phase 2...bummer.
What is this mapping program used for?
I only use dsd as an add on to unitrunker...are all these features ya"ll talk about facilitated with typing in code? I don't think I can do that.
Damn, I should've studied computer programming.

thewraith2008

FMP-Map is used to see location of transmitter on a map (like google maps) when used with License Data (FMP-FreqList.csv). It is used in conjunction with DSDPlus and FMP24.

The "typing in code" is the configuration. It's only editing text files.
Like most things you need to define settings and records for it all to work.
Most answers to questions can be found in the supplied documentation (for DSD+). For anything, that's what the forum is for.

Rotella

Thank you,
Where or how do you start...to define settings?
I mean, from a complete dummy's point of view?
If there's a tutorial, I will gladly study it.
I just let it run with my unitrunker and thankfully, it decodes phase 1 at least.

jl2s

The knowledge you folks have is hard for me to grasp.
I just want to monitor public safety with my meager sdr setup,(which I barely understand) so was hoping it was gonna decode phase 2...bummer.
What is this mapping program used for?
I only use dsd as an add on to unitrunker...are all these features ya"ll talk about facilitated with typing in code? I don't think I can do that.
Damn, I should've studied computer programming.

If you're using DSD+ & Unitrunker, you're using an old and now out-dated version of Unitrunker.
Upgrade to Unitrunker v2
The difference is truly night and day

Rotella

OK, I am going....what are the benefits of V2?
I am very uninitiated as to these systems, sorry if it's like talking to a Labrador.

Rotella

Thanks jl2s for taking the time to post that info. I had forgotten there was a newer version. I will try to implement it to use my dongles.
Seemingly obvious info can open doors for novices like myself, so thanks again.

thewraith2008

@ Rotella

Given your honesty with your knowledge of the hobby of SDR, I would not recommend using Unitrunker v2 at this stage until you can expand your knowledge.

Snippet
Unitrunker himself on his Google user group said:
Preview releases are made available in the preview folder and promptly announced here. Folks interested in bleeding edge software can read the announcement and decide whether the next preview is worth the effort and risk of installing. In some cases, new releases result in data and configuration file changes that are not reversible.

Most folks want a stable official release. They're not interested in the technical reasons behind quirks in this feature or that. If they skip ahead to a preview release without being signed up to this mailing list, they're blind as to just what mess they've stepped upon. Also, the size of the general RR audience is much larger than this mailing list. The smaller audience here means the amount of Q&A on bugs and new features is much more manageable.

jl2s

Thanks jl2s for taking the time to post that info. I had forgotten there was a newer version. I will try to implement it to use my dongles.
Seemingly obvious info can open doors for novices like myself, so thanks again.

If interested in p25 Phase I trunked listening, try SDRtrunk.
Its JAVA based, can run in Windows, I found it really stable and simple to use. There are guides to install it and run it. Installing it may be difficult for some, but there are guides, and once its installed its practically fool proof to run.
I use it almost daily for listening to my local p25 trunked police and fire/ems. Just runs in the background while I work on the PC. But it's not p25 phase II compatible :(

Status
Not open for further replies.