GRE Battery Holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwiscan

Does anyone know if the GRE battery holders are made specifically for the GRE/PRO scanners or is there a universal battery holder that I can pick up cheaper at radio shack or electronics parts dealer?

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin

nwiscan

Thanks for the reply. I do know I can get it directly from GRE and that scanner business that advertises all over this site.

I was curious if that particular battery sled was something GRE directly makes for their portables or if it was a universal style thats available at electronic parts stores?

RickS31

It is absolutely manufactured by GRE and used in a few of their radios as well as for their RS branded 106. I'm afraid you'll have to buy them from GRE, RS or one of their resellers that carry their stuff (like ScannerMaster).

nwiscan

Does anyone know if this battery sled is stocked seperately at Radio Shack? I cant find it on their website.

Ordering a single battery sled from the scanner business that advertises here at RR is not practical. The shipping charge is more than the holder.

RickS31

You may want to ask your RS battery carrier question in the Radio Shack forum. Doug, user name KC5EIB, has all of the part numbers for these as well as whether they're in stock, etc. He is/was an RS employee. You'll need a knowledgeable sales person or the manager to know what you're talking about. They will order it and ship to the store for your pickup. It's the RS SKU parts system.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
It doesn't seem that the RadioShack website carries the battery holders; I wouldn't be so sure they even carry them.

RickS31

It doesn't seem that the RadioShack website carries the battery holders; I wouldn't be so sure they even carry them.

They absolutely do via their in-store parts system (not the website). The in-store employees have access to this system via their POS terminals. They can look it up via these terminals through the 106 parts list or directly if you have the part #. I've ordered one and received same. Just don't remember the part number. It was around $4.00 if I remember.

SCPD

QRT
That's my bad then. Didn't RadioShack used to sell them in store (or maybe I just got them from the GRECOM website)?

Status
Not open for further replies.