Great prices on GRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

beischel

Just saw this ad at the top of the RR page (Ads by Google) so I clicked on it, and see that the GRE PSR500 and 600 and being sold for $439 each!

A great price, oh and I am not affiliated with this company at all. Really don't even know who they are but the pricing is great. Has anyone purchase a scanner from them and can possibly comment on their customer service?

http://www.scanners-direct.com/grescanners.aspx

CStarr59

No I've never delt with, them but I really like the price on the PSR-300 $169.99 and $12.99 for shipping.
I need some buyer feedback before I spend more $$$.

hoser147

Good prices indeed. You might want to post a thread, if you dont get any feedback from anyone that has dealt with them, to try and find someone that has. There was an antenna co that was online not to long ago a new company that had great prices, and there were some issues with people not getting the orders filled. Check them out just as you would anyone else, and keep us posted please.................Hoser

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Use your credit card, and if they don't deliver, cancel the charge.

troymail

Silent Key
I saw this also -- almost considered getting a PSR600 to go with my 500...

I'm curious what process Google goes through to validate customers/links it provides... I've seen some scams on there liks before ("Get a Free Scanner", etc. -- asks for your email address and runs you through a bunch of questions that seem to go on forever, requires you to "sign up" for some things, etc.)

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
One does have to be cautious when their price is so much below everyone else. I thought I had read somewhere that all the GRE authorized dealers had agreed to the $499 price with GRE. Perhaps a call to them to discuss this might be fruitful, along with what credit cards they accept. Their website does not say they which credit cards they accept.

Dave

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Great Prices on GRE

Purchased two PRS 500's and was pleased with everything. On the second one a had second day shipping and they screwed up on the freight and sent it late. When I told them I payed for second day, they said it was their mistake and credited my card for the entire delivery charge. You can't asked for more.
Enjoy a great radio Ed

Patch42

One does have to be cautious when their price is so much below everyone else. I thought I had read somewhere that all the GRE authorized dealers had agreed to the $499 price with GRE.

There are some other radio manufacturers who will refuse warranty service if the radio was not purchased directly from an "authorized" retailer. I have no idea if GRE does this or not, but it would be a good idea to find out before purchasing.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I thought I had read somewhere that all the GRE authorized dealers had agreed to the $499 price with GRE.

I wonder if this would be the same with Uniden, the dealer prices are all over the board.
I would think that it is up to the dealers to sell the scanners at whatever price they would like just to make a little profit. The lower prices go the better for us:)
(Edit) Just saw the wiki article, Thanks Steve.
Take care

Last edited:

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Must be just a rumor. That wouldn't be legal. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_fixing
I don't want to get into a legal discussion here about price fixing, but how many times have you seen electronic items for sale at the same price in every store. Since the retail price of the PSR 500 is $549.99 and it is being sold below retail at $499, I'm not sure it can be called price fixing. However, does it not seem too coincidental that everybody has been selling the 500 at exactly the same price?

Dave

Last edited:

CStarr59

Ok well lets see how it goes, I just placed and order with them for a PSR-300 at $169.99 and I paid with a major credit card for protection. I will post my results as they happen.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
if the resuts are satisfactory i may get my PSR-600 from there, we will see also how the shipping goes

bezking

I saw this also -- almost considered getting a PSR600 to go with my 500...

I'm curious what process Google goes through to validate customers/links it provides...

They don't. As long as you pay the fee you can put whatever you want up.

CStarr59

Here is what their website says.........

Scanners-Direct.com offers spectacular savings on police & nascar scanner products that we stock. We offer same day shipping for orders received before 3pm eastern time, orders after are still ship next day! Direct secure site ordering allows UP TO THE MINUTE SAVINGS! Shop Scanners-direct.com for fast service, low cost, and wide selection. All products are backed by a full manufacturers warranty. Many special value items are Scnanners-Direct.com exclusives.
Our Mission

Thanks to you, our valued customers, Scanners-Direct.com is one of the fastest growing on-line scanner discounters on the web today. We search our industry contacts to bring you up to the minute savings on value added name brand products. Scanners-Direct eliminates the costly "FLUFF" with direct on line ordering, quality backed products, without the need for high cost "FLUFF" overhead found at many overpriced retailers across the nation. One stop, discount shopping, direct to your door, Scanners-Direct.com!

Savings

Scanners-direct.com can end needless traveling in search of that scanner item. When you buy from Scanners-direct.com, you are buying direct; eliminating the middle man, and the middlemans overhead ("Fluff"). Therefore, Scanners-direct.com customers enjoy lower prices, and greater savings, with at their door delivery.

Buy With Confidence

Scanners-direct.com saves you more with quality assurance. All Scanners-direct.com products are first quality, first run products; never seconds or refurbished/ blemished items. Each product is backed by a full manufacturers warranty. With this quality assurance, Scanners-direct.com will exchange any item found to be defective for the same item, within a 30 day period from date of purchase. 30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed.

daedalus

Purchased two PRS 500's and was pleased with everything. On the second one a had second day shipping and they screwed up on the freight and sent it late. When I told them I payed for second day, they said it was their mistake and credited my card for the entire delivery charge. You can't asked for more.
Enjoy a great radio Ed

Well, that's one good review. Any others who have bought from them?

EDEffron - do you know in what state they are located? I'd like to run a check on them but need a state to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.