Great radio for monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve9570

Member WSAG-457 -KB1-KZW- KCP-2441 CB
Premium Subscriber
Hi every one
Just wanted to pass on if any one is looking to buy a radio just to monitor.
I bought a (looks like new) Motorola HT1250 LS for just $ 105.00 . Got 16 channels programed for free.
Have all of my local Police and Fire and Boston PD and Fire and EMS. I live 25/30 miles from Boston and can get
every thing LOUD AND CLEAR. note this radio is not programmed to transmit but with just the stock rubber duck its good radio!
It was from USED RADIOS. COM

Steve

a417

U+0000
I would buy a scanner just to monitor. Easier to find batteries, programming software (hah, CPS!), easier to fix, more flexible.

I used to maintain a system of them, the parts are becoming harder to find as the were End Of Life'd by motorola.

For a $50 more and a lot less hassle I would have gotten a BCT15x, but that's me. I'm glad it worked out for you! (y)

mule1075

Feed Provider
Have been using a HT1000 for years to monitor local vhf pd/fire/ems. Will be switching my feed to a commercial radio as soon as time permits receive quality is fantastic.

CanesFan95

Ham radios also make great receivers. I use an Icom ID-880H and it receives way better than my Unidens.

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. What is Used-radios.com seller id on the Bay please?
I am not seeing that seller ID in my Bay search :(

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber

Here’s one of their Ebay listings...you can also buy direct from them!

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
I will chime in as well. I have had radios that were programed to receive only and scanners..I still have both. My experience is the scanner misses traffic at times while my radio only monitors exactly what I want it too. Both serve their purpose.
Be safe

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Hi every one
Just wanted to pass on if any one is looking to buy a radio just to monitor.
I bought a (looks like new) Motorola HT1250 LS for just $ 105.00 . Got 16 channels programed for free.
Have all of my local Police and Fire and Boston PD and Fire and EMS. I live 25/30 miles from Boston and can get
every thing LOUD AND CLEAR.
Steve
I could not agree more, they make great single band RX and they sound so much better
As you can see I use a lot of motorola stuff
1630562523251.png

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I would hate to see your electric bill every month and what in the world do you monitor????
All the radios and scanners run off 2 15 amp astron power supply's and they don't use much power.
The 8 radios are only used to listen to 1 channel at a time, the 3 scanners down below are my broadcastify feeds. of the remaining 1 is just local to me stuff and 1 is just my town the others change all the time

ecps92

Love the ole Regency ACT crystal unit just sitting there, with all the new Technology
All the radios and scanners run off 2 15 amp astron power supply's and they don't use much power.
The 8 radios are only used to listen to 1 channel at a time, the 3 scanners down below are my broadcastify feeds. of the remaining 1 is just local to me stuff and 1 is just my town the others change all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.