Greenbrook Twp Station 33 Fireground

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello,

I checked my notes and threads before posting but does anyone know especially the Somerset County listeners what Station 33 Greenbrook Twp uses these days for " Fireground Ops " does it get messy when North Plainfield and Union County agencies come in to assist where numerous other frequencies may come into play, thanks in advance for your help on this.

Tony

NJFFDisp

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering this too...Last week they had a second alarm (plus because of a scratch) and I was monitoring closely. The best answer I can give you is it does not appear they use a fireground (and this was one of their larger incidents in the past year or so).

I heard a lot of Green Brook fireground communications on Fire Region 3. I think this was tolerated because fire region 3 is scarcely used by other agencies. Green Brook shares region 3 with North Plainfield, Watchung, and Warren all of whom operate on UHF conventional. So fire ground communications (which there was not many) were not inferring with any other agency.

They are supposed to use either OPS 3 (trunking) or TAC 3 conventional. I was listening closely to OPS 3 and I did not hear anything. I was too far away to hear any simplex traffic on the conventional TAC 3, which I would have thought would have made the logical sense for fire ground due to most of the 2nd alarm companies not having trunking radios, but again I heard them primarily using Region 3.

Hope this helps.

mondaro

Feed Provider
yes, thank you I spend a lot of time there I have everything program in and the day I hear them up on a FG channel I will be sure to post it.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Monitoring the GB third alarm this morning this was in play.

Greenbrook Fire - Region 3
Greenbrook Fireground - Ops 3

Somerset MAC Coordinators - Somerset Co OEM Dispatch TG 203 and 3248
( This Channel had the best Updates on what was going on O/S overall )
( Referred to the scene has the Greenbrook North of RT 22 plan for
coordinator M/A)

North Plainfield - Watchung Fire Channel
South Plainfield also heard here coordinating there cover assignment

Warren Fire Channel - Convl.

Middlesex Borough Fire Channel

Greenbrook Police

Somerset Co Alert Channel ( Dispatched Somerset County Cover assignments )

EMS Coordination - EMS Region 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.