Griffin spalding county

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCHEEVES

I am having a really hard time scanning the county transmissions, i am hearing the city but not the county, i have downloaded every freq i can find but nothing i have a gre 600 any info would be great thanks....

JCHEEVES

Help with griffin

Yes i have a gre-600 i just don't know where i went wrong with the programming of the system. I can't find the control point number i'm thinking maybe thats what is wrong???? Just lost. I'm hearing some city police and ems but nothing from the county??
Thanks for your help

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Software?

Yes i have a gre-600 i just don't know where i went wrong with the programming of the system. I can't find the control point number i'm thinking maybe thats what is wrong???? Just lost. I'm hearing some city police and ems but nothing from the county??
Thanks for your help

I happen to own & operate a PSR 500. Are you manually programming this system or using software? If you are using Win500, I might be able to assist you. Luckily, the system in question is not a statewide radio system. In my opinion, these tend to be a bit more complicated to program.

When I looked at the RR DB for this county, I did not see any identified Control Channels. Although there might be another method of discerning which one of the frequencies is the Control Channel, I have used the following two methods: a) program all frequencies listed; b) find an analog scanner capable of receiving rebanded 800 mhz frequencies. I quickly found the CC for a system I analyzed.

If I am not mistaken, you can "uncheck" the Win500 box that says something "CC only." I think this will program all of the frequencies listed.

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Test Program

Just for fun, I downloaded Spalding County by unchecking the box "CC only." It programmed all of the frequencies listed. I hope this helps you out.

Out of the frequencies listed, there should be an active CC provided these frequencies are accurate. Get back with me if this works.

JCHEEVES

Help with spalding county

I downloaded the win500 software but when i sent it to scanner it said nothing enabled??? I believe my problem is a programming issue just a change in what i have entered into my scanner. I have done alot of research but still am lost.....any help would be great thanks in advance.....

N8IAA

Can you post your file here? When you go to post, there is a paperclip icon on the the top of the message form. Click on it and attatch your Win500 file to your post. I use Win500 and am willing to take a look:)
Larry

Last edited:

JCHEEVES

Help

When i insert the win file it says invalid file?? I tried changing the file type when i saved it nothing??

RomeRon

Doesn't show any control channels, I don't know how to help you on this one, maybe N8IAA will be back on in a little bit, I know he can get you setup and running.

Attachments

• win5 4.jpg
    win5 4.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 455

Highpockets

Push the scan key, then push the 2 key (to Enable), if it starts to scan, push the 1 key (to disable) there is nothing in it. You only want the 2 key showing on the screen when it's scanning.

JCHEEVES

what is in my scanner now

that is what i put into program just downloaded it tonight i was previously working with arc500. i have uploaded what is currently in my scanner and attached. maybe this will help i hope....

Attachments

• inscanner01072012.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 58

N8IAA

JCHEEVES, when you press manual, and scroll with the UP/DOWN keys, do you come across a frequency making a digital noise? Does it give you a % amount like 98%? If none of the frequencies gives you this, there may not be an active Control Channel. Make sure your squelch knob line is at about 10 o'clock-11 o'clock position. Import my update of your file, and see if there is a difference. If not, it may be that the system is not up and running yet. There seems to be no sysid in the database. Let us know.
HTH,
Larry

Highpockets

that is what i put into program just downloaded it tonight i was previously working with arc500. i have uploaded what is currently in my scanner and attached. maybe this will help i hope....

Did you read the scanner with the software, then save and post this file that is attached (inscannerxxxxx.zip)? I ask, because if that's the Trunking Table that was set by the radio (P25 Auto) something don't look right. No channel Low or Offset.

N8IAA

Did you read the scanner with the software, then save and post this file that is attached (inscannerxxxxx.zip)? I ask, because if that's the Trunking Table that was set by the radio (P25 Auto) something don't look right. No channel Low or Offset.

Steve, I don't believe that this system is actually up and running. The SYSID, and NAC don't show at all in the database. I wonder if he's tried the conventional frequencies?
Larry

RomeRon

JCHEEVES, I think you are the one that will be putting the missing pieces together, if you can find the control channels by searching the 800 MHz band, then they can be updated in RR. If you are picking up the city and it is 800MHz when you hear something on the city freq, Press manual button, then press FUNC button, then press TUNE button, use up and down button to stay in the 851mhz to 854 MHZ range. If there is a control channel it will stop and you will hear what some call motor boating or machine gun sounds, if your scanner stops on one of these write down the frequency (frequencies) and let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.