AR-DV1 GSSI Filtering

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiman1

I have an AOR DV-1 and love it, my main reason for buying this was for TETRA Reception which works fantastic for Fire and Ambulances but my main problem is that on the same network as Fire and Ambulances there is encrypted comms, these are a right pain in the hoop and I dont need to hear them.

I can see the AR-5700 has GSSI Filtering which is exactly what I need and would make the DV-1 the absolute best receiver in my case.

Do you think AOR would take that feature and add it to the DV-1 or would this possibly be a 5700 only feature?

digiman1

Further to my last. I have been in contact with AOR over the last few weeks as they state that the Garbled audio should not be coming through and that I should ONLY hear the clear audio which is basically an issue/flaw.

They have requested I/Q files from me which include encrypted calls taking place with my local utility company, after some trial and error I was able to get some I/Q files sent across to them but they insist that they do not see any encrypted calls taking place, I have confirmed that my files do indeed contain these calls as I have sent these files to other people who have confirmed and have narrowed it down to them using an old version of the Tetra Demodulator contained in the Tetra Trunk Tracker which does not show encrypted calls correctly, I have showed them videos and took screenshots of the issues I am having but they have simply just stopped responding to emails.

AOR Also confirmed that the GSSI Filtering is for the 5700D only and will not come to the DV1, this is an absolute shame as this would have basically fixed this issue.

I will most likely hold onto the DV1 as it is a great receiver but I feel AOR are shooting themselves in the foot by not taking these issues seriously enough consider these at £1000+ receivers which would make me seriously reconsider ever buying again as they just feel "Incomplete", especially when you look at the state of the DV10 which I seriously considered buying for TETRA Reception while out and about.

G7HID

.................... I have showed them videos and took screenshots of the issues I am having but they have simply just stopped responding to emails........
Funny that, AOR blacklist you if you do not toe their party line... You are not the first member on here to be treated in the same way :(

Mike

digiman1

Funny that, AOR blacklist you if you do not toe their party line... You are not the first member on here to be treated in the same way :(

Mike

Yeah, I have heard that before, if you don't like what they say they just stop responding to you. Pity.

c0ne

Further to my last. I have been in contact with AOR over the last few weeks as they state that the Garbled audio should not be coming through and that I should ONLY hear the clear audio which is basically an issue/flaw.

They have requested I/Q files from me which include encrypted calls taking place with my local utility company, after some trial and error I was able to get some I/Q files sent across to them but they insist that they do not see any encrypted calls taking place, I have confirmed that my files do indeed contain these calls as I have sent these files to other people who have confirmed and have narrowed it down to them using an old version of the Tetra Demodulator contained in the Tetra Trunk Tracker which does not show encrypted calls correctly, I have showed them videos and took screenshots of the issues I am having but they have simply just stopped responding to emails.

AOR Also confirmed that the GSSI Filtering is for the 5700D only and will not come to the DV1, this is an absolute shame as this would have basically fixed this issue.

I will most likely hold onto the DV1 as it is a great receiver but I feel AOR are shooting themselves in the foot by not taking these issues seriously enough consider these at £1000+ receivers which would make me seriously reconsider ever buying again as they just feel "Incomplete", especially when you look at the state of the DV10 which I seriously considered buying for TETRA Reception while out and about.
AOR is very capable of showing their incompetence. Both the dv1 and dv10 don’t block encrypted signals, and pass them to speaker.

when it comes to AOR, you either have too accept their BS, or simply get ignored when providing proof. Soon they will call your report fake news.

on the other hand, i’m glad people like you keep sharing their experience with AOR. It’s shows their true face imo.

sub101uk

Yes I can confirm the statments of fake news when I bought the 5700D and the DALL was not working , But after 2 trips to japan and 2 versions of firmware fitted DALL and DMR now work .Current firmware is :- main_005A D0N4B P005B . But AOR did issue many statements regarding DV 10 + 5700D problems and calling all the issues " Fake news " But your lucky with the DV1 you can change your own firmware you cant with the 5700D it has to go back to the importer or AOR in Japan .

digiman1

But your lucky with the DV1 you can change your own firmware you cant with the 5700D it has to go back to the importer or AOR in Japan .
That is absolutely bonkers!

I have since sold the DV1 and can gladly say I won't be near an AOR anytime soon sadly.

sub101uk

Yes I know how you feel but it would seem that it all has to be done in stages other wise it ends up with a total lock up if you want to know more there is a 5700D group on facebook . AOR have a few bits of software on there site they are due to bring out soon I understand new firmware and yes that means selling your radio back to the main UK importer or AOR in Japan .

Attachments

• 5700D Files.JPG
    5700D Files.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.