Guilford County going P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

t7ri3g

Premium Subscriber
You sure it’s not the same 28 frequencies that comprised the “old” system and that maybe one of those was or wasn’t tapped to be the p25 cc until the transition was complete?

Yes that's likely the case. When I first tried to program my Unication G4 with the old Smartnet control channels it did not work, and I thought the poster might be having similar issues.

The Unication seems to work great on the new P25 system, now that I have programmed in most of the talkgroups I want to listen to.

Burlington ID's heard

I have heard BPD disp. and BPD info. but no BPD ops/tac 5. Also have not heard any BFD traffic .Also when are the total Burlington talk groups going to be completed? Voice reception is sporadic and poor.

p3nt4g0n

Premium Subscriber
I have heard BPD disp. and BPD info. but no BPD ops/tac 5. Also have not heard any BFD traffic .Also when are the total Burlington talk groups going to be completed? Voice reception is sporadic and poor.

All the talk groups are coming in loud in clear for Burlington. Just divide the old TG # by 16 and you have the new TG # for the new P25 system.

p3nt4g0n

Premium Subscriber
I know about the 16 division. Problem is I live in Haw River.And reception is poor.

I see, I mean the BPD / BFD training facility is right on the Haw River line which obviously is well covered. Have you tried getting a better antenna? Im pretty sure I get good coverage of BPD well into Haw River with a simple 800mhz mobile scanner antenna in my car.

Reception is sporadic.

I receive transmissions but they are poor quality. I live near Food Lion in Haw River. Trying to figure out some kind of antenna set up.

firebiz16

Finding Control Channel

Hey Guys, New here. I have a BCD325P2 and everything was working fine until the Guilford upgrade. All I get now is (Finding Control Channel) I can still pick up conventional GFD and Guilford EMS dispatch just fine. Any Ideas, I use Freescan to do my programming. Thanks Chris

surprisinguy

I finally received my 436 yesterday - updated the firmware and the database through Sentinel (thank goodness for this program) and I'm getting 4 GPD dispatch channels. Not sure yet how that's working for cars... of course (since I'm new to this) there are prob more GPD Channels I'm missing? Some do say simulcast. Mostly they're clear and understandable, a few transmissions are a little "off" though.

chris8video

Hey Guys, New here. I have a BCD325P2 and everything was working fine until the Guilford upgrade. All I get now is (Finding Control Channel) I can still pick up conventional GFD and Guilford EMS dispatch just fine. Any Ideas, I use Freescan to do my programming. Thanks Chris

Make sure you've got the right control channel - 852.1000. I'm using the 325 also and it took some work to get it just right. I suggest NOT using the control channel only p25 option and instead use the standard option. It'll still work with the control channel only programmed in...although I put all 28 licensed channels in for good measure.

I also went back and grabbed the old motorola system TGIDs and put them on a spreadsheet and did the conversion (divide by 16) to the new TGIDs. That seemed to bring a lot of the system back to life.

There are some new TGs that need to be verified, including this gem.... 2591...the HP Fire Dispatch TG is active on both the HP Simulcast side AND the Guilford Simulcast side. I'm not aware of too many other TGs that are active on both. Yet.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
There are some new TGs that need to be verified, including this gem.... 2591...the HP Fire Dispatch TG is active on both the HP Simulcast side AND the Guilford Simulcast side. I'm not aware of too many other TGs that are active on both. Yet.

HPFD A has been patched over onto one of the EMS talkgroups (old Tac 3?) for a couple years now.

chris8video

HPFD A has been patched over onto one of the EMS talkgroups (old Tac 3?) for a couple years now.

That TG is still active with HP Fire Dispatch also.

The interesting part as I listen is that the same TGID - 2591 - is active on 2 sites in the same (technically) system and seems to be the only TG that is opened up across the Guilford Metro P25 system that includes the Guilford sites, High Point sites and Thomasville Sites all under the same system name.

And it doesn't seem to be a patch when looking at the data.

p3nt4g0n

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully I'm not wrong and missing something, but it seems RR has moved / deleted the old Guilford system database from the system list for Guilford county's list of systems. Hopefully it's ok for me to repost the link to it because it still seems useful for those that want to convert talkgroups over and I have downloaded page just in case it goes down. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=291

Last edited:

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
That TG is still active with HP Fire Dispatch also.

The interesting part as I listen is that the same TGID - 2591 - is active on 2 sites in the same (technically) system and seems to be the only TG that is opened up across the Guilford Metro P25 system that includes the Guilford sites, High Point sites and Thomasville Sites all under the same system name.

And it doesn't seem to be a patch when looking at the data.

There are 3 different “systems” per se, all using the same core. Guilford units can’t roam onto the High Point or Thomasville sites without physically switching to the HP and TVL zones in the radio nor can they scan them. Since they are programmed as different systems, they could not scan across them. That is why HPFD A was patched to the old EMS talkgroup, so EMS could scan it and still have priority monitor. Now that everything is sharing the same core it may be carried across both. There are only a handful of talkgroups that will work on all sites.

Gregg251

Premium Subscriber
Guilford County New P25 system

I'm having the same issues as everyone else, that is, audio quality is very poor. I have a Pro-96 and 2096. Any ideas?
73, Gregg, N2UUP

wb4ifo

Problems with Guilford County Changes

I am using a bcd996xt with the arc-pro software. I signed on to the radio reference site and imported the full Guilford County database. I loaded it to my radio and still can't receive anything from Guilford County.
I tried loading my Forsyth County data and that does work so the scanner is working.
I even tried loading both the old and new Guilford county data but still receive nothing.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Fred

REVREID

guilford p 25

dont know if this will help-i live in thomasville-right beside guilford county.i updated my home patrol daturday. i am getting high point fire,and thomasville police and fire fine. i have yet to hear one word from guilford county. it looks like i could pick up e m s and sheriff-but all is silent.i have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.