HAM radio technician license question...

KR8MR

Premium Subscriber
Just drill the damn hole.

And stop thinking about it. Yes! it was also a concern when selling the house last month. A great big 3" diameter hole saw hole with coax going to C and Ku dishes I once had. No problem sold for well above list and cash. I may never learn that Some things ain't worth worrying about. Closing was wednesday Hurricane hit the new owners Thursday. Those poor people!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

merlin

I went for broke, back before there was technician and GMRS. took the 4 tests, missed extra class by 2 Qs but got adavanced.
I do now have GMRS, usually (not often) ratchetjaw with my brother, so there are a number of amateur/GMRS burning holes in the ozone.
My 6th grade teacher taught me a lot of theory and got me to 13 WPM code. Picked up a LOT of stuff in a couple SoCal clubs
My ticket is good for 5 more years, Likely get extra before then. You learn a lot in 5 decades.

WX9RLT

Top Dawg
When you reach the limit using GMRS, you may think about getting an amateur radio license......there's so much more to
it than HT's and 'base' stations.

Just sayin'

I think many people feel that way. I know I did, until I became a ham.
Then I realized, holy sh*t, there is a lot, ALOT of stuff you can do as a ham operator.

Long story short, I think that is what a lot of people have in their minds. (ht and base)
And they choose GMRS instead.

I have my GMRS and Ham.
And I use my ham, ALOT more than GMRS