• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New to forum

Davidbt

Every seller " says in stock" but they will come from China to Scotts then he will do the 11 meter conversion and send it to you... Going to take the same amount of time.
The one thing I think you have going for you is ... At Amazon if the radio doesn't work you can bring it to a Amazon return center ... One in every town in America and just drop it off and order another one at Amazon..... Scotts... You will have to ship it to him and pay the shipping... Then he has to ship it to China ... Or he will tell you to ship it to China... And shipping it to China will cost a fortune .. he will do it through the Radioddity warranty that may take months ....
Amazon lets you return anything for no reason at all and order another one.... No hassle with Amazon ., so again .. just relax and wait
Ok, thanks for the feed back. Sometimes I'm like a dog in a park, oh look a squirrel!!!

niceguy71

I tried to buy directly through radioddity and was having issues accepting my credit card. Scott's radios has a few in stock, and was thinking about ordering through him. I've already received the Tram 3500 while I was in the hospital. You're right @@niceguy71, I don't need to be in a hurry. If I buy through Scott's radios, it will still come with a one year warranty.
I had a credit card that was a pain in the neck once... Anything I bought from overseas they would put a stop on it!!! Anything over $500 bucks they would put a stop on it... So I was constantly calling the credit card and telling them to ok it... Then I would have to order it AGAIN but this time my card would allow it

niceguy71

Ok, thanks for the feed back. Sometimes I'm like a dog in a park, oh look a squirrel!!!
How the in stock thing works is ....
Scotts orders 100 radios from Radioddity . They say ok you have them saved for you..... we have now allocated 100 radios for Scotts.... They are now saved on a shelf at Radioddity in China waiting for Scotts to say ship me 10 more .. they ARE IN STOCK .... In stock on Scotts allocated shelf in China.... It will still takes weeks to get them

Davidbt

Scotts orders 100 radios from Radioddity . They say ok you have them saved for you..... we have now allocated 100 radios for Scotts.... They are now saved on a shelf at Radioddity in China waiting for Scotts to say ship me 10 more .. they ARE IN STOCK .... In stock on Scotts allocated shelf in China.... It will still takes weeks to get them
I know that Amazon will fulfill the order eventually, I just have to be patient.

Davidbt

On Scott's web page, he has serial numbers that he has in stock. He has a video of how it works. If you order, you have to choose a specific serial number.

niceguy71

just wait for your Amazon order... it's already done with ... you got the best radio at the same price everyone has them for.... and with amazon you can easily return it.... most sellers will tell you if it breaks they don't fix them... I'm pretty sure Scotts doesn't repair them... meaning it will have to be shipped back to China at a huge cost to you...... but if the Amazon radio breaks within 2 months you can just bring it to the amazon return center... no boxing it up or anything... just click Return on the Amazon site... they E-mail you a scannable return.. you can print it out or save it on your phones E-mail... you go to the amazon return center ( usually a UPS store ) show them the scan code on your phone and hand them the radio.... and you're done!!!!
so again relax and just give it a couple weeks and I'll bet you'll have your radio... so far it sounds like three weeks is the minimum time it takes from the day you ordered it.

Davidbt

just wait for your Amazon order... it's already done with ... you got the best radio at the same price everyone has them for.... and with amazon you can easily return it.... most sellers will tell you if it breaks they don't fix them... I'm pretty sure Scotts doesn't repair them... meaning it will have to be shipped back to China at a huge cost to you...... but if the Amazon radio breaks within 2 months you can just bring it to the amazon return center... no boxing it up or anything... just click Return on the Amazon site... they E-mail you a scannable return.. you can print it out or save it on your phones E-mail... you go to the amazon return center ( usually a UPS store ) show them the scan code on your phone and hand them the radio.... and you're done!!!!
so again relax and just give it a couple weeks and I'll bet you'll have your radio... so far it sounds like three weeks is the minimum time it takes from the day you ordered it.
I'm just going to wait it out while I'm rehabbing. I can't do much for 4 to 6 weeks anyway.

KI4ZNG

Premium Subscriber
I'm just going to wait it out while I'm rehabbing. I can't do much for 4 to 6 weeks anyway.
Looks like you have been given some real good advice. We have all played the waiting game for radio equipment!

niceguy71

God you're going to like that Tram 3500!!!!!
I am working on making a little video / range test of my mobile install..... I always get camera shy and as soon as the camera is on I.... act, speak and look like a complete moron.... everyday I always have my CB on... so as soon as I turn the key it's on channel 19 and as I go around my town I always hear people on it... most I wouldn't want to talk to..... but I leave it on and listen... surprising how many paving companies use it and sand and gravel companies... and we have a large warehouse in town with 50 trucks always waiting to be loaded... so lots of conversations...
when I do my video I want to show my mobile talking skip all around the country..... I had to go to a appointment out of town and got there too early... so I got my camera out and turned to Channel 37 LSB and tried my luck from Massachusetts.... I got Montana.... Las Angeles CA... Colorado springs and Texas.... they were all so clear and all said I sounded great and must have a lot of power??? I don't have much power..... it's a Stock President Grant 10 watts AM/FM and 25 watts on side band.
for a mobile with an 11 foot tall antenna ( to the tip of the antenna) this absolutley amazes me!!!! I was talking to base stations...... actually the guy in LA said he was also a mobile...... but I think my system is working!!!!! I can hardly wait to get my AnyTone 5555 N II in my truck
I don't know if it was all the RF bonding straps... I have 10 on each side of the truck for a total of 20 RF bonds and I have five 00 gauge grounds on each side for a total of 10....... would my truck perform this well without the RF grounds???? I'll never know.... but I gotta say I love the my system!!!

Davidbt

Sounds pretty cool. I sure hope my system turns out decent. I have to spend a couple of days back in the hospital in Tucson. The cultures showed an infection after 5 days. I was talking to my wife and letting her know I started studying for the technician license. I think she thinks I'm looney. 🙃

KI4ZNG

Premium Subscriber
Sounds pretty cool. I sure hope my system turns out decent. I have to spend a couple of days back in the hospital in Tucson. The cultures showed an infection after 5 days. I was talking to my wife and letting her know I started studying for the technician license. I think she thinks I'm looney. 🙃
Take your time when you do your install and you will be very happy with the results. As far as your studies for the Technician test.....Go for it!!

niceguy71

Davidbt

this is your new radio.... it REALLY looks fantastic!!!!! best I've ever seen!... I may have to get one..... but $300 for this VS $171.51 for the older version of the Anytone 5555 N II.. if I could get the much larger older radio in my pickup I wouldn't spend the extra money.
but it sure is an amazing radio.

Davidbt

Davidbt

this is your new radio.... it REALLY looks fantastic!!!!! best I've ever seen!... I may have to get one..... but $300 for this VS $171.51 for the older version of the Anytone 5555 N II.. if I could get the much larger older radio in my pickup I wouldn't spend the extra money.
but it sure is an amazing radio.

I've gone through pretty much all of the youtube videos on it. It has a lot of bells and whistles for sure. My QT80 should be here Wednesday.

KC5AKB

Well Just let her know you caught RF Fever. The Need and want to learn anything radio.

Davidbt

A little update, my qt80 arrived yesterday. I've been doing some major googling and found a company that makes a mounting bracket that will attach to my center console just ahead of my right knee. I should have it in a couple of weeks. When I run the power directly to the battery, how can I minimize the low power draw while the truck is off? 5th gen rams have issues with batteries. I've been lucky so far. I carry a jump pack just in case anyways.