Hanover County

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
Do you have all of the alternate control channels programmed in, in case the system switched off the primary? Is your scanner trunking?

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Is there a chance they are rolling control channels and you don't have it in ? maybe they re banded or something ? If the scanner feed (which runs off a scanner at someones house) is also dead it leads me to believe there is a frequency issue.

dynamitedjs

Well I’ve been from Mechanicsville to Beaverdam. However on the way home I heard dispatch one time and that was it.

I did the uniden firmware update. Trying to figure out how to update Hanover in Sentinel.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Just so your aware all the scanner apps on cell phones use a scanner sitting someplace most likely programmed the same as yours. If there is a change and its not documented the scanner apps will also miss audio just as your scanner is. Its pretty consuming being a scanner feed provider and possibly the feed provider also does not know his feed is dropping.

bwit092

Everything I am picking up is encrypted today... yesterday it was working great.

bwit092

Bummer is I just set up sdrTrunk TWO days ago. Even had it set up so I could listen on my phone. Ah well I guess.

Eugene

Citizen contact is especially important to the sheriff, as his office logged over 350,000 in the last year.
Our communities like their law enforcement and our law enforcement loves working within our communities.
Today, he gets to share the news with the supervisors that Hanover County’s crime rate is the lowest since 1976 at 9.6%, “which means that 9.6 citizens were a victim of a crime out of 1,000 citizens.”
“Law enforcement cannot do it by itself; it has to have a community that’s willing to serve alongside its law enforcement.”
Those extra “eyes” keeping tabs on the goings-on in Hanover County have paid off as Hines noted a decline in robberies and break-ins.

All excerpts from the Sherriff's budget proposal speech as reported in the Richmond Times Dispatch 2/13/18. Then if, as these posts suggest, he encrypts his radio system. Good job Col. Hines. This sure demonstrates your willingness to "work with the community" Ah well, it had to happen sooner or later.

Eugene KG4AVE

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
YES, the encryption and shooting texts directly to cell phones as well as the MDT or whatever the display device used today is called has really limited voice relayed dispatches! STARS also is being affected also a lot. The SSP dispatches provides the best resources for traffic related events.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
Be looking for nearly all law enforcement agencies in the metro RVA area as well as some Fire/EMS to be 100% encrypted in the next few years, especially when the new Phase II 800Mhz system goes live...

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Be looking for nearly all law enforcement agencies in the metro RVA area as well as some Fire/EMS to be 100% encrypted in the next few years, especially when the new Phase II 800Mhz system goes live...

Seems like all Law Enforcement from Hampton, and York County up likes to use it. Surprised Newport News isn’t following the trend

Status
Not open for further replies.