Hanover Township PD Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2NEC

Wow this is surprising. Did anyone have any idea they were switching? Furthermore, any idea why they switched?

MorrisNJRadio

Things must be good in Hanover considering back in 2011 the township committed was all for shutting down
The dispatch center going to the county now they have this money to spend
The county system isn't all its cracked up to be. They've been known to dispatch the wrong towns to similarly named streets in different towns. Certainly pays to invest in your own communications center and personnel.

Oh and I was told they are not sharing their key with Fire/Rescue or neighboring PDs unless my comments to them changed their mind, but I haven't heard anything different.
Your source is 100% wrong! and no need to change their mind, my source said they've always been up front with the fire departments and are facilitating the ability for them to listen AND communicate!

I heard the old system was failing. They had to invest in a new system.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
You're confirming 100% that Cedar Knolls and Whippany Fire have Hanover PDs new channel and keys in their subscribers ? Same with neighboring PDs like Chatham, Morris Twp, etc.....

I'd be happy to share an email with the Business Administrator/Township Clerk to support my claims. So again, did something change ?

Last edited:

MorrisNJRadio

You're confirming 100% that Cedar Knolls and Whippany Fire have Hanover PDs new channel and keys in their subscribers ? Same with neighboring PDs like Chatham, Morris Twp, etc.....
The only fire depts that are being shared with are CK and Whippany. PD’s are different.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Well thats good to hear and that was my biggest push back to them...interoperability. I get the whole encryption thing to lock out the casual listener, but I really pressed them at least sharing their key with other public safety agencies. They did say fire would have to upgrade their radios.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Note there is a new license grant for this system. WRKV814

It looks to me that they have added (2) sites. On this license, 25 North Jefferson Ave, Baird Pl, 16 Highview Ave (County Garage) tower in Cedar Knolls.

If built out would make this a 3 site simulcast system.

;)

rr60

Premium Subscriber
The original WRAW865 did not have two of the sites on the new grant. WRKV814 now fills out what has been reported.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The original WRAW865 did not have two of the sites on the new grant. WRKV814 now fills out what has been reported.
Correct, that's because the original license is SY (700 trunked), which is what the system was originally designed as. They changed that last summer to a 3 site conventional simulcast, and as such had to apply for a new SG (700 conventional) license.

jerseynick

Hey guys, amateur here. Just purchased a Whistler WS1065. I live in hanover twp and always listened to the PD. Does this encryption mean there is no way to scan them now?

Thanks in advance.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Hey guys, amateur here. Just purchased a Whistler WS1065. I live in hanover twp and always listened to the PD. Does this encryption mean there is no way to scan them now?

Thanks in advance.
If they go full-time(E) yes. No chance.
They may have fire/ems or other stuff to listen to, depending on what service/s move.

Status
Not open for further replies.