Hartford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do I change what site is received?
The site that's received will be whichever site is in range, that you get a decent signal from.

If you don't want to miss any transmissions, you're better off with all of the sites enabled.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
EDACS trunked systems required the frequencies be programmed into the scanner in a certain order… hence the numbering. I don’t know if any trunked system that requires LCN’s other than EDACS and EDACS systems are phasing out so it’s not a big deal, at least not around Hartford County. Hartford PD may still be on their EDACS trunked system however.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
While true, some call LCN’s something else. I was understanding the question to be about never hearing the term LCN. I offered what I recalled when manual programming was still the norm and we needed to be aware of such settings in order to track these systems. Today, I’ve gone the route of automatically downloading from RR and installing entire systems as I’m sure most everyone has, so terms such as color code’s, LCN’s etc. don’t get the attention they once would. (I could have easily googled LCN, where I’m sure I would have picked up what other types of systems rely on them, but then, so could the originator of the question… didn’t figure it was what he was after. My comments about LCN not being that prevalent in this area was only an attempt to say “Don’t worry, the terms don’t mean as much as the used to now that we can use the automatic download and programming services.)

scanner404

Feed Provider
I'm a tad confused, and maybe I missed something, but why is Hartford Fire Dispatch heard on the "Troop H simulcast" talk group? I am liking this though as I can actually hear them now. I wasn't picking them up using the CLRM with just the "Hartford" site and "Hartford" group selected for Hartford fire. I put the Troop H Simulcast as its own quick key for Hartford fire and this works for me, for hearing them over Troop H.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
It's not. Hartford Fire Dispatch has it's own Talkgroup on the Troop H simulcast SITE. There is no Troop H Simulcast talkgroup.

scanner404

Feed Provider
It's not. Hartford Fire Dispatch has it's own Talkgroup on the Troop H simulcast SITE. There is no Troop H Simulcast talkgroup.
So they share one of the Troop H simulcast frequencies and that's how I'm picking them up now? The 769.25625 769.75625 770.25625a 771.30625a 771.80625a 772.38125c that are listed for Hartford don't pick them up for me.

Reconrider

So they share one of the Troop H simulcast frequencies and that's how I'm picking them up now? The 769.25625 769.75625 770.25625a 771.30625a 771.80625a 772.38125c that are listed for Hartford don't pick them up for me.
It depends what site you're closer to. If you're closer to a troop H site, your scanner will use troop H and give you any traffic that affiliates to troop H site.

scanner404

Feed Provider
Ok that makes more sense now. Probably have my scanner programming wrong. This CLMRN stuff is confusing. Along the same subject, which site would Bloomfield be programmed under? site 041 or site 028?

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
I'm a tad confused, and maybe I missed something, but why is Hartford Fire Dispatch heard on the "Troop H simulcast" talk group? I am liking this though as I can actually hear them now. I wasn't picking them up using the CLRM with just the "Hartford" site and "Hartford" group selected for Hartford fire. I put the Troop H Simulcast as its own quick key for Hartford fire and this works for me, for hearing them over Troop H.

I have a system built for New Britain with a talk group for NBFD, could I just add a group for Hartford fire and pick up HFD on the New Britain system?

MarkB513

Yes, but only the dispatch talk group. If they assign dispatch during a call then you'll hear the response, etc. If you want to hear the other individual 800 MHz fire ground channels and can't receive them from from the New Britain area, try monitoring the simulcast on 154.310. It does not rebroadcast the dispatch talk group.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Not necessarily. It is likely that an affiliation is required for the HFD Dispatch group to be broadcast on the NB Simulcast. If no one is affiliated, the group will likely not be broadcast. It is possible that they have it set to always broadcast HFD Disp regardless of there being an affiliation but only by monitoring the Hartford fill in site (or Troop H) at the same time that you could be confident they are always active on the NB Simul.

chris

MarkB513

I'll have to monitor both simultaneously and see. I know I've heard it, but I would agree affiliation would make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.