Hazard PD Encryption Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC2001

Jesse
I have noticed that the Hazard PD has been listed as P25E for a couple of years now:

155.41500 KNEL277 RM002 NACHazard PD DispPolice - Dispatch (New) P25E Law Dispatch

Does anyone have any information on the status of that? I understand that it takes quite a time to go fully encrypted; but I am just wondering how that is coming along?

Thanks in advance!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if this might be a case of someone trying to listen to a digital frequency with an analog scanner, or they are using a digital standard that is not in the scanner. For example NXDN without having the NXDN upgrade.

All that is heard is noise and that gets mistaken for an encrypted signal.

BC2001

Jesse
Wonder if this might be a case of someone trying to listen to a digital frequency with an analog scanner, or they are using a digital standard that is not in the scanner. For example NXDN without having the NXDN upgrade.

All that is heard is noise and that gets mistaken for an encrypted signal.
Maybe. I'm not sure.

I recieve traffic throughout the day and night from Hazard PD, which is what caused me to wonder. But the traffic is on 159.240, not 155.415, which is the frequency that is listed as encrypted.

I also heard analog traffic on 159.240, which Is listed as an analog tactical channel also if I'm not mistaken.

fredva

Feed Provider
I have noticed that the Hazard PD has been listed as P25E for a couple of years now:

155.41500KNEL277RM002 NACHazard PD DispPolice - Dispatch (New)P25ELaw Dispatch

Does anyone have any information on the status of that? I understand that it takes quite a time to go fully encrypted; but I am just wondering how that is coming along?

Thanks in advance!

The database is supposed to reflect the current status, not future plans. I would suggest somebody monitor 155.415 with a digital scanner that doesn't skip encrypted transmissions (like newer Unidens) and see if there is traffic coming across. Also, on those other frequencies that you hear clear traffic, determine if one of them is actually the dispatch channel. Should be pretty easy to tell if it is dispatch or a secondary channel.

BigEd1314

Premium Subscriber
159.240 is what I have in my NX-5200 that I had when I came through. F7E receive NAC and it was doing the encrypted voice noise, not passing normal audio. I had to lock it out of scan.

BC2001

Jesse
The database is supposed to reflect the current status, not future plans. I would suggest somebody monitor 155.415 with a digital scanner that doesn't skip encrypted transmissions (like newer Unidens) and see if there is traffic coming across. Also, on those other frequencies that you hear clear traffic, determine if one of them is actually the dispatch channel. Should be pretty easy to tell if it is dispatch or a secondary channel.
Okay, I will try to put that in my BCD536HP and see what happens. I am hearing them dispatch on 159.240 pretty regularly though.

fredva

Feed Provider
Oh interesting - I see the town has three frequencies already listed as police dispatch. 159.24 is one of them.

The 536 will skip encrypted transmissions. So if you don't hear anything on 154.415, it means they are either using encryption or they aren't using it at all.

BC2001

Jesse
159.240 is what I have in my NX-5200 that I had when I came through. F7E receive NAC and it was doing the encrypted voice noise, not passing normal audio. I had to lock it out of scan.
After thinking about it, it sounds like they just are using partial encryption then.

I've never heard encryption on 159.240, but i now know that the BCD536HP skips encrypted transmissions as @fredva said above. So I guess that explains why I only hear them in the clear.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
159.240 is what I have in my NX-5200 that I had when I came through. F7E receive NAC and it was doing the encrypted voice noise, not passing normal audio.
That's odd. I have a NX-5200 and when there is an encrypted signal it locks it out and does not pass encrypted audio. That being on NXDN and P25

BigEd1314

Premium Subscriber
Drove through this afternoon and 159.240 p-25 comms in the clear. Then you get the vvvvveeeerrryyyyy slow Morse code ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.