HDTV Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I have a friend who moved to my area a few years back. She has DIrectv but wants to be able to watch local channels from her home town which is 80+ miles away "as the crow flies." She lives on a nice high hill so we have a good start. I am looking for recomendations on an HDTV antenna and Pre-amp to pull in those stations. A local TV guy told me to use:

Channel Master 5020 Antenna

Masterpiece Antenna Series HDTV Outdoor TV Antenna-Channel Master CM 5020(CM5020) | channelmasterstore.com

Channel Master 7777 Pre-Amp

Outdoor HDTV VHF/UHF Antenna Preamplifier/Booster-Channel Master CM 7777 (CM7777)

I appreciate any input. Thanks.

CapStar362

looking at the antenna specs itself. its boasting a 100 mile range .... id get the antenna first and test.... then if the amp is needed add it.

then shes already on a hill, put it high up the roof ( if its a peaked roof ) and get even higher for better consistency

prcguy

TV channels 2 through 6 do not exist in most areas after the digital switch and have been moved to UHF. I see the antenna in the link covers down to ch 2, so more than likely you will be using the largest elements as a bird perch. There are newer antennas with similar gain but smaller since the lower ch elements have been eliminated.
prcguy

I have a friend who moved to my area a few years back. She has DIrectv but wants to be able to watch local channels from her home town which is 80+ miles away "as the crow flies." She lives on a nice high hill so we have a good start. I am looking for recomendations on an HDTV antenna and Pre-amp to pull in those stations. A local TV guy told me to use:

Channel Master 5020 Antenna

Masterpiece Antenna Series HDTV Outdoor TV Antenna-Channel Master CM 5020(CM5020) | channelmasterstore.com

Channel Master 7777 Pre-Amp

Outdoor HDTV VHF/UHF Antenna Preamplifier/Booster-Channel Master CM 7777 (CM7777)

I appreciate any input. Thanks.

KE5TLF

Yep, the first thing to do is to figure out the ACTUAL(not virtual) channel numbers, aka the ACTUAL frequencies, that are in use. It's possible a less "obtrusive" UHF only antenna may be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.