Hello from Miami Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highpockets

Which one of these software would be the best/easiest to program the 780 with?
I can get it from him tomorrow on loan till I can get a 396T.

I don't know of the ones that are listed there, I used one that they no longer list and is not supported any more.

Maybe someone else may have some input on that. :)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Probably the best software for the 780 would be ProScan; linked from here (anything in blue is a link)

Popular Software for Uniden Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

There is another advantage; ProScan also supports the 396, so when you get that, you don't need another package. You should know, however, that the memory scheme is very different between the 2 radios. We have an extensive FAQ on the DMA radios - and there's an Easier to Read manual you can either download or purchase from Scanner Master. The FAQ is here...

Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

The Easier to Read manuals are linked at the bottom. No matter what software you use, you will need to understand Dynamic Memory Architecture (DMA) so you can program your 396 effectively.

best regards...Mike

Tracker

I see that Radiofeed 1.13 supports RR.....would that be the correct software?
As soon as my neighbor gets home, I'll ask for the loaner scanner...
Thanks again

Tracker

Got the scanner from my neighbor a little while ago, but there was No power, or programming cable, so I just ordered both off E bay.

I went with the RS232C to USB cable...
I guess I'll have to wait some more..damn it

Tracker

I see that Radiofeed 1.13 supports RR.....would that be the right one? (not sure if the other one supports RR uploads)?

I got the cables in for the loaner scanner n am ready to download n program... I just wanted to know which software to go with, sos I don't have to do this twice...
Thanks for all the help ...still waiting in a few member selling 396T's in the classifieds to answer back, if I don't hear back in a few days am going to Ebay

Last edited:

Tracker

I just installed the FreeScan n it won't communicate with the 780...?.it is connected via a USB cable!
I installed the driver that came with the USB, but nada..also it seems to only give me that message on comm 3...
It is a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP

Highpockets

I just installed the FreeScan n it won't communicate with the 780...?.it is connected via a USB cable!
I installed the driver that came with the USB, but nada..also it seems to only give me that message on comm 3...
It is a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP

The 780 is not a scanner that Freescan supports.

Highpockets

Next step if you found that cable is ok.

Use menu key, system data, PC Control and set baud rate to 19,200 (will also have to make sure that is set in ProScan) exit out.

Hit manual then press and hold the E Key for 2 seconds (In and out of remote mode), you should see "RMT" (very small) on the display screen. Now you should be ready to use ProScan.

This is all from memory. :)

Last edited:

Tracker

If your having trouble with the cable and driver, go into your device manager and see if the cable shows up and what the Com port is.

unlike my widows 7 computer, this XP laptop does not have a tab on the start menu for device manager ....not that I can see
While it makes the connection "noise" it will not show it under "my computer" page..weird
I installed the driver again, but nada
This is the cable that I bought
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Thanks for your help........

Highpockets

Control Panel - Performance & Maintenacne - System - Hardware - Device Manager

With cable plugged in you should see Ports (Com & LPT) hit + sign and you should see cable.

Tracker

Sorry ...it took me a bit, cause as am sure you can tell by now I AM NOT COMPUTER/SCANNER LITERATE .....
I did all that you advised n found that the cable was on comm 8!
I changed it under options n set baud rate to 19,200 ..then I hit the E on the scanner n it beeped once n I see frequencies on the computer screen, (as it is on n scanning)
THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOU GUIDANCE!
Now I need to figure out how to program it.....lol

Tracker

Played with it n under options it has a tab to Import.....however it is not highlighted n I cannot click on it?
Is this because I am in trail mode?
Is this where I would need to go in order to find my local departments of police/fire/ ems?

Tracker

Hello David, tryin to get this 780 programmed with the City of Miami n Miami Dade PD/Recue
Not sure if this scanner is capable of following FHP?

What do you monitor n with what?
Ozzy

Status
Not open for further replies.