Hello from Miami Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Played with it n under options it has a tab to Import.....however it is not highlighted n I cannot click on it?
Is this because I am in trail mode?
Is this where I would need to go in order to find my local departments of police/fire/ ems?

A database isn't opened. Go to the Database menu and click on New. Type in a database name and everything will function.

Tracker

Ok, at top left I clicked on Database n then the drop down menu opened n I clicked New....it then opens a window where I have nothing to select from...........what am I supposed to type?
Thank you

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok, at top left I clicked on Database n then the drop down menu opened n I clicked New....it then opens a window where I have nothing to select from...........what am I supposed to type?
Thank you

Think of a name of the new database and type it in. Click the "Save" button.

Tracker

Ooohh, I see......I have to name the file myself .......But how do I go about importing the frequencies, talk groups alpha tags etc?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Tracker: Once you follow what ProScan tells you to do..Make sure you type in your login information signin then left side of the scanner program your using click on your state, county and find the frequencies you want to add to your scanner.

Tracker

Ok I got the info in my laptop n then I uploaded it into my scanner...... ? Maybe.....possibly.....as I can't hear anything ?
It says that 500 channels were uploaded? I only see 21 in bank 1 everything else is 0?
the scanner scans, but won't stop on anything ...now what? Lol
I download/uploaded city of Miami public safety

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok I got the info in my laptop n then I uploaded it into my scanner...... ? Maybe.....possibly.....as I can't hear anything ?
It says that 500 channels were uploaded? I only see 21 in bank 1 everything else is 0?
the scanner scans, but won't stop on anything ...now what? Lol
I download/uploaded city of Miami public safety

Did you import the frequencies and talk groups?
Does the Talk Groups appear in the Trunk List tab?

What system did you import?

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
No FHP is digital unless u have a digital scanner

--David Coviello
IPN Dispatcher (FLA-294)
Broward Sheriff's Office feed broadcaster

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
That's the thing you will have to understand some counties in different states that have P25, Mototurbo by Motorola and other digital type frequencies that you will need to purchase or borrow is Uniden BCD996XT or 396XT handheld, GRE digital scanners or maybe the Radio Shack line if you like those models. Here in Florida some or most areas in counties are Digital well depends on what uses them. I like listening to Digital more than regular analog reason being Analog has static when someone is what mobiling around or around static type areas where you can barely hear the other person talking.

Like what ProScan says...Once you program the frequencies around your area make sure you program the talk groups so you can hear the people talking to who ever they are talking with if you don't program the talk groups you won't be able to hear them.

Tracker

Git, I believe that MPD is not digital n as far as programing goes, I am newb n am relying on this software to program this radio..ultimately I'd like to buy a 396XT to cover all my bases n be portable too..
but if I can't get this scanner programmed correctly, I might jot spend the $ as I prob won't be able to program it either ....

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Git, I believe that MPD is not digital n as far as programing goes, I am newb n am relying on this software to program this radio..ultimately I'd like to buy a 396XT to cover all my bases n be portable too..
but if I can't get this scanner programmed correctly, I might jot spend the $ as I prob won't be able to program it either ....

Tracker,

I've checked those frequencies that are listed for Miami-Dade county some are analog and some are digital. Analog is your local police department and utilities, Homestead Speedway...Now for digital, Homestead Air Base, TSA - Miami International Airport, Some of your local police department, Department of Transportation and some others...

Go to this website link here on R/R and it'll show what agencies uses what in your area it's good to have and understand what kind of radio you will need to purchase. Also the radio you have now will only allow you to listen to analog.

Miami-Dade County, Florida (FL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Last edited:

Tracker

Good looking out Git, but it wasn't Miami Dade, it was City of Miami...pd n rescue, (they are a municipality), Miami Dade is our sheriffs dept

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Tracker

Yes, that is it..It did load cause under manual it says City of Miami POS, but I can't hear anything. not on manual n not while scanning...

How do I e-mail you the file....?

I will do it in the morning cause it's bed time in MIA. (lol)

Thanks for your assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.