HELP! Cannot find correct frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what the current, accurate frequency is for the North Topsail Beach, NC Police broadcasts. Last one I had was through the Onslow County Sheriffs Dispatcher, 155.5650, but have not heard NTB PD on that recently. Thought they might be changing to 800MHz but have been told that they have an equipment problem. Been scanning over 40 years, recently moved to NTB and it is frustrating that I cannot find correct frequency. Can anybody help me please. Kindly send email to jackgmg@charter.net
Thanks in advance. JG

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
NTBPD Dispatch

North Topsail Beach dispatches via Onslow County Sheriff (KIN418/155.565). The other channel has been on the Onslow County Page for eons, and is likely a local channel. Their unit numbers are in the 800's

Sheriff also simulcasts on the Jacksonville/Onslow County 800.

The information is accurate on the County database page. If there are any more questions, please let me know!

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
NTB PD Frequency

Thanks Robbyboy,

I have 155.5650 programmed in on 2-3 banks. I may have mistaken the unit number in the 800 series strickly for the Onslow county Sheriff's cars and I do get the 800MHz simulcast. This has been very helpful and reassuring. I appreciate it.

Jack G

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Help, NTB PD

thanks sound-efex,

Got that along with all the other 155,154,156 Onslow County Frequencies programmed on one band. Get Medic calls and other towns. Had 155.5650 programmed in years ago when I just visited NTB but now I cannot rrecognize any calls or locations.

I get Sheriff's stuff on the 800 band but nobody identified as NTB PD. I thought their unit ID's were in the 20's. Robbyboy says in the 800's. It sounds like OCSD unit ID's are in the 800's.

Very Frustrating after all these years to lose NTBPD someplace. Anybody else got a thought? Thanks very much to all in advance..

Please reply to jackgmg@charter.net.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Onslow County Law Enforcement Call Signs

The call signs for Onslow County units are in the Colloboration wiki but essentially for Sheriffs office it is as follows:

100-about 115 (New Police Officers make the high end fuzzy) - Swansboro
200-204 - Senior Sheriffs Office Personnel
800 - NTBPD
1100 - Holly Ridge PD
1200 - Richlands PD
1300 - Albert J Ellis Airport

Anyone not listed above are Deputies in the county. They have unit numbers in the 200's 400's 600's.

The above does not apply to Jacksonville PD which are a totally different ball of wax!

Your mileage may vary and if you want, contact me direct and I will give you my phone number to try to answer any questions about Onslow county.

thanks sound-efex,

Got that along with all the other 155,154,156 Onslow County Frequencies programmed on one band. Get Medic calls and other towns. Had 155.5650 programmed in years ago when I just visited NTB but now I cannot rrecognize any calls or locations.

I get Sheriff's stuff on the 800 band but nobody identified as NTB PD. I thought their unit ID's were in the 20's. Robbyboy says in the 800's. It sounds like OCSD unit ID's are in the 800's.

Very Frustrating after all these years to lose NTBPD someplace. Anybody else got a thought? Thanks very much to all in advance..

Please reply to jackgmg@charter.net.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Robbyboy,
And thank you for your service, Sarge,....both in the USMC and as a Vol. Firefighter. That's what got me scanning in the first place years ago. My Dad was a Capt. on the Cleveland, OH FD and died with his boots on after suffering a fatal heart attack rushing into an orphanage fire.

I have been on the Radio Reference and the National Radio Data web sites and have programmed a lot of the Onslow county Freq. into several banks on my PRO-96. Maybe too many. Get a lot of Medic calls for Onslow, jacksonville, Richlands etc plus Wilm calls on other freq.

I will listen closer for the 800 call signs for NTBPD but I do not seem to hear much on 155.5650 but a lot on the 800 MHz freqs.

Fire Chief Tom "B" at NTB told me that the equipment NTBPD got within the last few years was discovered to be non compatible with some of the County stuff. Know anything about that?

I live at south end of NTB 1/2 mile from Surf City line so I should still be in range. Your help is most appreciated. Thanks. I may call for more tips Thank you.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Robbyboy,
And thank you for your service, Sarge,....both in the USMC and as a Vol. Firefighter.

Having spent a good deal of time with Rob over the years I can vouch that he
is indeed a great Officer, American, Father, and a true radio geek :D

I would not hesitate in trusting his info as it is as accurate as you are going to get
from any source.

I know I have said it many times in our conversations in the past but once again
thanks for defending our Freedoms Rob!

Happy Monitoring to all
Marshall KE4ZNR

154.040 is the output side of a repeater that the towns of North Topsail Beach and Holly Ridge put together. It is on the water tower in Holly RIdge at town hall. You will hear Holly RIdge and NTB PD on there every once in a while. You can tell this repeater by the courtesy tone it has when someone using it unkeys, it has a beep as the courtesy tone.

154.430 is the NTB "Town Channel" used for public works, fire and PD. This is simplex only.

NTB had a VHF repeater for Town use for a while, but I don't think they have it up on the air any longer.

155.730 is the OLD and I mean OLD output of the dispatch repeater from Jacksonville PD, that they haven't used in years, since they switched to the old legacy trunking system some 10 years ago or more.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Help NTB PD

Thanks White Helmet,

I have both of those frequencies programmed in but have yet to hear anything on either.

I am beginning to think that NTB-PD has gone undercover or they have eliminated all the crime and emergencies within the town. Very Frustrating. Thanks again.

JACKNTB2012

jackgmg@charter.net

No problem, I've been around here for quite a while, and listen to lots of various things, including the VIPER system. The 154.040 repeater in Holly Ridge is often referred to as the "4 Town Repeater" or "4 Town". It was, at one point supposed to be a joint venture between the Towns of Holly Ridge, NTB, Surf City and Topsail Beach for interops for public safety, but never really went anywhere.

A number of years back, NTB has 154.145 in their radios as NTB 2, that was a common channel that Holly Ridge, NTB, Sneads Ferry and Turkey Creek FDs used while working on a scene together. It is the same frequency the Duplin County Fire Dispatch.

With the widespread use of cell phones and such, the use of two-way for everyday stuff has dropped off some, especially around here. All of Pender County uses VIPER, with VHF simulcasts/paging for fire & ems and a UHF simulcast for countywide law enforcement. Want to talk about alot of activity dropping from those channels down my way, it dropped quick.

One frequency you may want to monitor for fire scenes, is 154.280 (NCMA/State Fire). Onslow county loves to use this for fireground comms.

There is also a frequency listed for Sneads Ferry Rescue Squad in the Onslow database that Sneads Ferry FD uses once in a while as well. I can't recall it at the moment...it is 155.xxx

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Thank You Sir,

I can appreciate the Cell Phone usage and often hear requests for 10-21.

I have been getting a lot of traffic on 856.71250 which shows up on National Radio Data as NCSHP but I thought I caught a call from an 800 car which Robbyboy mentioned was the NTBPD. I missed a call from him earlier today but he and I will talk soon.

Thanks for all your good information. It is much appreciated.

Jack G

jackgmg@charter.net
910-328-9988 Home Office
919-656-7276 Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.