• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help finding m1225 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbecraft

Trying to do this on the up and up.... I have a box of m1225-ls radios I would like to make a couple into a repeater.... cost is a factor so I'd rather program myself... I have seen they are discontinued and the software is available for download on Motorola but where I can access I cant find it and someplace I cant get past the registration cause I don't have a company email... I think I have seen it on ebay, but not sure which to get.... help?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Motorola protects their software and it requires an account with the big M, even for discontinued radios. If it is on ebay, it violates M rules. The cost from M will negate any cost factor you have. Read the information above your post for the rules of RR.

jbecraft

I DID read the rules... thought i was within the guidelines... NOT looking for free... looking for HELP finding where/how to obtain it legit... and I have read on multiple forums that since m1225 was discontinued is so out dated CPS 4.0 (from what i can tell is the software) is available for download with an account, which I am trying to sign up for...

jbecraft

so i am basically outta luck, after a lengthy conversation with this nice guy name martinaz i believe...in product support, they no longer have software to reprogram these radios as it was discontinued in 2004...he did give me a old number of HVN-9054

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
That's the new and improved MOL.

Luckily the old MOL still works for most of us.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
That looks like a screenshot from the new accessory shop. Are they transitioning that to be the new MOL?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
OMG, less than a minute on google and I downloaded this old software....good grief!

But is it the latest one (4.0) like the one from moto? Because all those old ones that come up in a google search are a headache to get to work.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
As MTS2000des said above, go here: https://businessonline.motorolasolutions.com

If you don't currently have an MOL account you must register for one which will take a while. . . If you create an account now it will probably be sometime in June before it will be activated for you. Then you will have to read and agree to the CPS license agreement before you can access software on your account. That could also take several days.

Status
Not open for further replies.