Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teigan

I recently made the move to Medicine Hat, and pulled the scanner codes. I went to the frequency, and I hear garbled gibberish. What is going on? I am new to the scanning world, so any information would be appreciated. If its that I don't have a good enough scanner can someone point me in the right direction for a new one, and what would a "good one" have to have. As well does anyone know what the code is for Red Cliff?

freddy25

Premium Subscriber
medicine hat

I live in the hat too and have had nothing but greif getting mhps. They are apco 25 digital. Some people have had luck getting them but i gave up. They run a simplex system so there is no control channel.
Redcliff Rcmp is 155.8200.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
freddy25 said:
Redcliff Rcmp is 155.8200.

Hi Freddy,

Do you know which PL tone they are using? This would help me sort it out in the database; as with all other RCMP channels, 155.82 has two "channels" - one with tone 123.0 and one with tone 131.8.

freddy25

Premium Subscriber
rcmp repeaters (pacs)

okay jay i will look it up and get it for u. I dont have the pl programmed in my scanner. I have a list of the repeater channels i found on the net so will give u the channel and pl.
I will get back to u with the list.
freddy

freddy25

Premium Subscriber
med hat

Sorry teigan, mhps may be monitorable but u can get the ambulance and fire dept. 158.760 and 159.300. u can get the idea of whats going on anyways. hope this helps.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I'm not in the Hat myself, but for what it's worth, Calgary EMS flies on Bar XH Air aircraft constantly for purposes of patient transfer. I think BXH is based out of Medicine Hat. If you can find any frequencies for them, they might be interesting to listen to. Also as Freddy said, 158.76 is the provincial ambulance channel and most often used by either STARS Air Ambulance, or by out-of-city ambulance crews coming in to transfer patients from/to various hospitals.

Status
Not open for further replies.