Help programming BCD436 with Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabe32145

Premium Subscriber
hi so I also just purchased a bcd436hp and its my first scanner. I have downloaded sentinel and I have premium membership on this site. im still having a hell of a time figuring out this scanner and how to get it programed to what I want to listen to.also i live in az are there any other az scanner experienced people please message me!! or someone that could help me over the phone would be sweet! thanks!!!

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sabe32145, I've moved your post to your own thread in the Uniden Software forum so you can get the best help.

For future reference when you need help please start your own thread and not reply to others'. That's known as thread hijacking and violates our rules. Thanks for your cooperation.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Sabe32145, Im not in Arizona, but the easiest way to create favorites list in Sentinal, is to go into the top of the database, click update and get the newest database, then, click on your state, then click on your county. Find the systems/departments you want to listen to, right click on it, and then click Append to Favorites. In the pop up box, click NEW FAVORITES LIST, give it a name. Then do the same for each additional system/department you want to listen to. At this point you can click on the already created favorite, or start a new one. For example, you might want one called Police, one called Fire. Or you might just want a list of everything you like in one list. Either way, when you are finished creating it, upload it to the scanner, and select to erase all favorites on scanner.

Once that is complete, you can go to the menu on the scanner and select systems to scan. Disable the Master List, and turn on your favorite list. Then go to the Services menu, and make sure they are all turned on. From then on, you should be scanning what you selected, and not having to scan all the stuff in the master list, most of which you probably are not interested in, and which slows down the scanner.

Sabe32145

Premium Subscriber
so I guess Im more having trouble with finding the buttons I need to press on the scanner to get it to what I need. or when I need to pres func+button or to jus press it regularly. im also having problems with the terminology ie. squelch,tone out,tone in(what am I toning in and out) different levels of squelch how to use the 1,2,3 search buttons, also how to use the close call,discovery and, priority scan options. im sorry I have so many questions and I would appreciate anyone being able to help me with them. if someone would like to talk me thru this via phone would be great I could even pay you 10-15 dollars(via paypal) if you can stand talking to me to get it all worked out

SCPD

QRT
try this link to get you Started.
Mark's Scanners
There are a step by Step guide for the Sentinel and for the Scanner.

Also if you could let us know where you are and what you like to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.