Status
Not open for further replies.

connors6523

Hi all,

Recently, my father passed. We always stayed up late listing to the various scanners in surrounding cities of the local activity. So... This has been my mission...

I can't figure out how he had IL (Starcom21) all on there and able to hear everything.

I was wanting to program in MOSWIN into it as well. I had no idea what I was doing and still don't. I have subscribed/bought both WIN500 and Butel ARC500 Basic.

Somehow i have wiped out all of his channels and there is nothing on there to scan.

When I load MOSWIN (So I think..) It just picks up stations that are white noise.

I figured with all of the software options this would not be so difficult.

WHAT DO I DO???

...I cannot believe I wiped the channels out. Can I get them back? When I pressed upload, when I thought I was adding MOSWIN it rebooted empty.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
did he have a computer? if yes and you can acess it you might find he was using software to program the 197 Nd if that's the case then you migh5 be able to restore the programmimg.

i use ARC500 to program my 197. for future reference when you upload a new file to the 197 it will override the file that's in the radio. BEFORE you upload be sure to save the file that's in the radio to the computer's hard drive, a thumb drive, etc.

since you have a premium subscription you can download files from RadioReference directly into the 197. but be sure to save the data that"# in the radio to the PC first.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Do you still want to scan STARCOM21? What is your city and county in MO and your father's city and county in IL? I use ARC500 as well. As stated earlier, when you upload a file to the scanner, it overwrites all of the scan lists. If STARCOM21 were in the scanner, it's gone unless it was included in the last file you uploaded to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.