Help setting up stereo feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Hi All. Hoping someone can help me here.

For years I have ran a Stereo Feed successfully with P25 on the left and VHF on the right. Its been so long however that I cannot remember how I set it up to actually work.

Some Background.

We recently had a good electrical storm which didn't result in any power bumps or anything but immediately afterwards, the right side of the feed died. Zero audio, no movement on the green audio bar, nothing. I tried multiple restarts, switched cables, switched splitters, updated drivers, everything I could think of and no dice, the right side is dead. Only thing I can think of is the electrical storm screwed something up.

Anyways. I tried a USB "Stereo Cable" and the best I could achieve with that was the P25 and VHF passing on both right and left at the same time. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to separate them. I suspect the cheap USB cable is the issue.

Moving on from that I tried a whole new computer but its one with the Headphone and Mic being the same Jack and I cannot get audio to pass on that via ProScan at all.

Im at a total loss now. Does anyone have any experience using the Headphone/Mic combo jack to make a stereo feed work properly?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Those jacks are headsets, and do not have a stereo input. They use stereo out, for the headset speakers, and a mono microphone input. You will need an external soundcard, with stereo input.

Status
Not open for further replies.