Help us progress the service tagging of frequency and talkgroup data

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
caffman263 said:
What would you tag a Police Dept. Data request channel as? Such as when the officer calls on this channel/ tg to run your license and registration, or check for warrants.

Usually the officer would be calling dispatch (Around my area they do) for that info so, law dispatch would be good for that tag.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I added a verification step when assigning tags - that should prevent the cats, beers, and other things that seem to be hitting our tagger's keyboards from accidentally tagging something wrong.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
MaxTracker said:
what if its been tagged already but the tag is poorely named, can it be re-tagged better?

ie: 09072 DPCVRTNO to: 09072 "DPD-CVRT-N" (minus quotations) I understand this would double or triple the work of the DB Admins thus I ask here before attempting later.
Please keep in mind we are talking about service tags not alpha tags.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
MaxTracker said:
what if its been tagged already but the tag is poorely named, can it be re-tagged better?

ie: 09072 DPCVRTNO to: 09072 "DPD-CVRT-N" (minus quotations) I understand this would double or triple the work of the DB Admins thus I ask here before attempting later.
This is unrelated but should be submitted like any information just as normal.

AtomicTaco

I find it annoying that everything in the <select> is prefixed by "tag". I like to hit the letter L on my keyboard to jump down to Law, for example.

SCPD

QRT
tagging

Someone PM with more detailed instructions on how to thist tagging. I would like to help tag a few counties around here
Paul

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
People, there are very few channels (especially within trunked systems) which will be set to "Other".

If you are not sure what to tag a freq or TG, leave it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.