Help with bcd436hp Tucson PD freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magepally

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys im still having trouble recieving chatter on the TPD frequencies. I did get help from Flano and tried pm'ing him to no avail. My issue is I loaded the file into my scanner that contains the PCWIN data and it just seems that im recieving any chatter is very few and far between. I know of other users that are getting chatter non stop and just want to be able to do the same. Also I was trying to make a new favorites group with TPE,TFD etc set to there own FL but when i do that the scanner says "nothing to scan". Im becoming very frustrated and about ready to throw the towel in. Any and all help is welcomed and before i get suggested to youtube,ive been there done that and its very redundant and confusing. Thanks guys im hoping to hear something back asap and if you have files for tucson PD please feel free to send them :}
Thanks again.....
Eddie

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys im still having trouble recieving chatter on the TPD frequencies. I did get help from Flano and tried pm'ing him to no avail. My issue is I loaded the file into my scanner that contains the PCWIN data and it just seems that im recieving any chatter is very few and far between. I know of other users that are getting chatter non stop and just want to be able to do the same. Also I was trying to make a new favorites group with TPE,TFD etc set to there own FL but when i do that the scanner says "nothing to scan". Im becoming very frustrated and about ready to throw the towel in. Any and all help is welcomed and before i get suggested to youtube,ive been there done that and its very redundant and confusing. Thanks guys im hoping to hear something back asap and if you have files for tucson PD please feel free to send them :}
Thanks again.....
Eddie

you have to turn the favorite lists ON to be able to scan them.
hit bottom LEFT button on side of scanner, click vol knob down to select SET SCAN SELECTION, hit volume knob to select manage quick key status, hit vol knob down to select favorites quick key, highlight the fav lists and hit vol knob to turn it out. keep hitting left bottom scanner button to back all the way out. DONE.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Eddie,

To be fair, "pm'ing him to no avail.", two sent to me two minutes apart at 9:39pm and 9:41pm, last night, doesn't do me justice.

To that end, I am always willing to help anyone, as time permits, with any scanner related issue, even when I don't own said scanner for FREE :)

Please keep in mind, I own a courier business that takes me all over the state and out of state, at any time, at any hour, at any day, at any moment. Yep, I never know when and where I am going....hmmm, sounds bad LOL.

Rant off ...

This sounds like you have either not turned certain items "on" in the software or you may have improperly marked something. Easy enough to look at your file and see what is going. I plan on being in my shop today, later, assuming I don't receive a work call.

I will answer one of the PM's with that information for you.

Thanks Scott too...

Thanks again.....
Eddie

Magepally

Premium Subscriber
Bcd436hp

I would like to thank N5XTC for helping with my problem. Much appreciated!! Secondly Flano let me apologize as the "pm'ing to no avail" wasn't meant to be negative towards you as you have always helped me in the past. I sent you a pm maybe a week and half ago but im not sure if i even sent it correctly and if you received 2 messages minutes apart last night it was due to me not seeing if the 1st one had even gone out so that was my bad. With that being said i really appreciate the help and if you will be around sometime that would be great to show you exactly what im doing and what im actually trying to monitor. I think my real issue is with the FL and quick keys, I made a new FL and put in TEP then made another FL and put in TFD all being programmed by arc56 pro trial .When i tried listening to those freqs there was nothing ever being said. Flano I will send you my number thru pm. Thanks for understanding guys!!!

Eddie.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I would like to thank N5XTC for helping with my problem. Much appreciated!! Secondly Flano let me apologize as the "pm'ing to no avail" wasn't meant to be negative towards you as you have always helped me in the past. I sent you a pm maybe a week and half ago but im not sure if i even sent it correctly and if you received 2 messages minutes apart last night it was due to me not seeing if the 1st one had even gone out so that was my bad. With that being said i really appreciate the help and if you will be around sometime that would be great to show you exactly what im doing and what im actually trying to monitor. I think my real issue is with the FL and quick keys, I made a new FL and put in TEP then made another FL and put in TFD all being programmed by arc56 pro trial .When i tried listening to those freqs there was nothing ever being said. Flano I will send you my number thru pm. Thanks for understanding guys!!!

Eddie.
you are welcome. glad to see that us general class ham operators are good for something! ))

Status
Not open for further replies.