Help with quick key(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Re: SDS200 - This is a potential "dumb" question but how do you get quick keys to work? I have 4 systems in my Favorites list. Each is numbered "2, 5, 7, 9". These are just SYSTEM QK's. I dont use any Dept or channel ones. Although I have assigned those 4 QK's to my 4 systems, how do I toggle them on/off? For example if radio is scanning and I press number "2" (which is my first system in FL.....display read "Direct entry 2"......if I press the "push/func" dial in and then press "2" I get a triple rapid beep. I tried making sense outta the "easier" to read manual but too much overwhelming information. Right now if I want to only monitor one system, or two, or just turn off one I have to go into MENU>set scan selection>select lists to monitor....and turn on/off what I want.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Thank you! I am writing this down!:D
OK that works for TURNING OFF but I cant get what I turned off to come back ON. I turned off system on QK 2....I did "No + 2 + yes" and it trn that system off.....but I cant get it to turn back ON....if I do "No + 2 + yes" again, I get error beeps....I cant even turn it on in menu. Stuck!

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
OK that works for TURNING OFF but I cant get what I turned off to come back ON. I turned off system on QK 2....I did "No + 2 + yes" and it trn that system off.....but I cant get it to turn back ON....if I do "No + 2 + yes" again, I get error beeps....I cant even turn it on in menu. Stuck!
OK Figured it out....I pressed "2 . 2" and that restored it!

ScubaJungle

Its a little confusing - I actually just did what you did to see what you meant and I got stuck also. I usually dont use quick keys for FLs, and rather for site, so I guess thats what you need to do when you disable an entire FL/All sites

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Its a little confusing - I actually just did what you did to see what you meant and I got stuck also. I usually dont use quick keys for FLs, and rather for site, so I guess thats what you need to do when you disable an entire FL/All sites
Yeah me too, I dont normally bother USING quick keys. Once radio is scanning I leave it alone. But I just wanted to see if using quick keys would be a better alternative than diving into menu. Like if I specifically wanted to monitor one specific system to check the reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.