HP-2: Help With Uniden HomePatrol2

tvengr

Well Known Member
Using HomePatrol Sentinel, you can easily create favorites lists, systems, departments, and sites manually.
Here is a favorites list for Gillespie County. I just created it using Sentinel. The favorites list has the LCRA trunked system with both the Fredericksburg and Doss sites. You can avoid the Doss site if you have trouble receiving it. There is also a conventional system with the conventional frequencies. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import from hpe file. Click on New Favorites List and name it Gillespie Co TX Click on OK. In the Downloads folder, open the extracted file. It will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel. In the profile editor, make sure that Download and Monitor are both On for the new favorites list when you Write to Scanner..

Attachments

• Gillespie Co TX Fav.zip
    885 bytes · Views: 6

N7Soraya

Here is a favorites list for Gillespie County. I just created it using Sentinel. The favorites list has the LCRA trunked system with both the Fredericksburg and Doss sites. You can avoid the Doss site if you have trouble receiving it. There is also a conventional system with the conventional frequencies. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import from hpe file. Click on New Favorites List and name it Gillespie Co TX Click on OK. In the Downloads folder, open the extracted file. It will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel. In the profile editor, make sure that Download and Monitor are both On for the new favorites list when you Write to Scanner..
Ok it has the added new frequency as well I assume.

N7Soraya

Where did you find the frequency? it is not listed in the database for Gillespie County.
Exactly it's not updated yet that is the problem I need it added. Trust me my cousin added it to his Whistler WS1040 scanner in front of my face with all the 5 you have from the database he has a total of 6 now. He gets the law dispatch like before on the new frequency.

N7Soraya

Where did you find the frequency? it is not listed in the database for Gillespie County.
See here is the picture I took when he did it in front of my face added it to the other 5 that are on the database that hasn't been updated yet or not being added when I update my database the last update was June 4th he did this about a week ago.

Attachments

• WS.jpg
    WS.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 10

N7Soraya

See here is the picture I took when he did it in front of my face added it to the other 5 that are on the database that hasn't been updated yet or not being added when I update my database the last update was June 4th he did this about a week ago.
If you are wondering where I got it from my cousin knows cops and knows people who would know that type of thing in my town. I rely on him for that info and he is very trustworthy.

N7Soraya

If you are wondering where I got it from my cousin knows cops and knows people who would know that type of thing in my town. I rely on him for that info and he is very trustworthy.
He is not familar with Uniden I use to have the Whistler TRX-1 and could easily enter frequencies. I switched to Uniden for the recording and replay features and the touch screen is nice.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I can’t imagine that law enforcement would be on one frequency of a trunked system, and other stuff would be on the other frequencies… but I’m not familiar with this system.
I suspect the CC is on the new frequency. But that’s just a guess.

N7Soraya

Thanks to everyone who helped me! I got it to work! Thanks to RandyKuff and tvengr!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
They are on and I get the name of my favorite list on scanner but there is nothing in there and when I tell it to load it says it loads then I get all channels in range have been avoided message. There are no voids and the range is good so I don't know.

Besides the "extra frequency", I suspect that you were still having problems with "location control". There is no way that any site or department will come up as "out of range" unless location control is turned on, and either the sites & departments don't have the location data, or your location was still incorrect.

Remember that for the HP-2, setting whether location will be used, or not, is done in the profile.

Also, while you may have set your correct location in the scanner at some point, when you download Favorites lists to the scanner, your location (in the scanner) is overwritten by the location setting in your Profile in Sentinel. So, if you did not set that after you installed Sentinel, the location in the profile was incorrect for your area.