Hillsborough County (EDACS and P25 32D.1E306)

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
P25 on Tampa down here is great but Temple Ter. is almost unreadable. Plant City is not far behind TT.

pandel

On the sds100 are you using any of the Filters?
I've tried all the possible combinations of filters plus filters off. Seems to sound less bad with the filters off. I'm just not a fan of the "robotic" sound produced by the digital modes.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
P25 is fine for listening to as long as you have the SDS100 or SDS200. All other scanners have issues with simulcast systems.

I could never hear TTPD, TTFD, or anything else on the West system for that matter with my TRX-1. PCPD and PCFD were fine since they're on the east system, which I am closer to.

With the SDS100, I hear everything fine and dandy.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Good morning everyone. Get ready to see a couple new p25 talkgroups go live later this evening.

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
The Hillsborough P25 Phase 2 TDMA system is a l3Harris system right? Not a Motorola one, correct? Has to be. Makes sense since they are migrating from Edacs (l3 Harris) to P25 TDMA.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
That license has been terminated for five years and appears to be "replaced" by this one in 2017 which is active for the same frequencies and sites... ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQZP687 - HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE

Read the comments and documents in "admin" section of the old license. They were nearing the FCC build-out deadline, requested an extension, was denied, it looks like they just let it expire, and the FCC terminated it. Then they filed the new license above a few months later.

The license in the RRDB just needs to be updated.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
thanks Ryan, that makes sense.

So I saw a new fire tac talkgroup was added to the EDACS system in the DB lately. Anybody know who submitted it? I hadn't seen 567 light up at all, but that's probably only me.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
thanks Ryan, that makes sense.

So I saw a new fire tac talkgroup was added to the EDACS system in the DB lately. Anybody know who submitted it? I hadn't seen 567 light up at all, but that's probably only me.

I added it to the dB --- if the person who submitted wants to chime in - that's their thing. Contributors are not divulged per RR policy.

Sorry.

doug

zlandmedia

not that florida man
I added it to the dB --- if the person who submitted wants to chime in - that's their thing. Contributors are not divulged per RR policy.

Sorry.

doug
No worries Doug, I should have thought further when I asked who it was and refrained from not asking. I guess it was my gut reaction from when the last time a bunch of unconfirmed talkgroups were added to the P25 system a couple of years ago. :')

N4IFE

After a ten+ year hiatus, I have rekindled my interest in monitoring various radio services so I am well out of date with respect to the many changes. I am going to be in Tampa next week for a night or two so was looking at what to monitor on my new SDS100. I noticed Hillsborough County has both an EDACS and P25 II systems. After comparing the available talkgroups can I assume the P25 II system is going to replace the EDACS system and is in a transition phase now?