Hold + 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg9qm

The instructions pg. 48 says I can 'toggle channel alpha tags' by pressing HOLD + 5. I get three ('error'?) beeps and don't know why.

This seems to be the only place I've found so far (< 24 hrs since I got the radio) that even mentions 'alpha tags' so I don't know what to expect or really what they mean by the term. Maybe I have to enter them somewhere else first, but the instructions give no indications.

I'm trying to work through the features/functions to makes sense of each one, but this one is a dead end for me.

This is on both a conventional Motorola site and on a P25 site I set up, if that matters.

thanks.

captclint

Mentor
1. What scanner?
2. Have you entered any alpha tags? Since you don't seem to know what they are, then probably not. Alpha tags are a 12-16 Alpha-numeric label that you enter to help you remember what is programed. I.E. Luzerne County Police Zone A, would be Luz PD Zone A. You enter these when you enter the frequency...it is one of the choices, depending on the scanner.

Last edited:

kg9qm

BCD396T. I was anticipating the data stream having some sort of id in it, that the radio used/displayed. In all the many places these things are discussed and documented, it's not been apparent as I read them whether those were 'INs' or 'OUTs' with respect to the radio.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I think its FUNC + 5
BUT the alpha tags have to be entered via hand or software first
The radio wont just know what the alpha tags are.

kg9qm

torontokris said:
Sorry Ill update that..
HOLD on any channel then FUNC + 5

Mental foobar/shorthand - I meant hold the func key.

It seems the lack of alpha tags is the reason. I wasn't clear I must enter them, rather than them just being something there for me to view.

Status
Not open for further replies.