HP-1: HomePatrol-1 2.06.xx Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, this thread is for discussing the HomePatrol Betas. It is not for discussion of the new HP-2 and your opinions of it.

mrkelso

The last beta has been working like a champ for a good long while now for me.

Voyager

I think Uniden has other priorities at the moment...

That said, I'm sure if they have a better scheme, they will release an update.

JustLou

I vote dead
What say ye ?
Dead. UPMan is on this site daily, but hasn't bothered responding to this thread since early August. Uniden's only concern is selling new radios, not fixing ones that people already own. At best they'll release the last beta as the fix and call it a day.

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
Have any other exciting physic tidbits?

Dead. UPMan is on this site daily, but hasn't bothered responding to this thread since early August. Uniden's only concern is selling new radios, not fixing ones that people already own. At best they'll release the last beta as the fix and call it a day.

JustLou

Have any other exciting physic tidbits?
Uniden will a announce a new version of the Home Patrol, abandon all attempts to fix this version, and reintroduce the ever popular "Extreme Upgrade" because they need to make a few extra dollars from everyone that buys a $550 scanner.

....Oh wait. I'm sorry. This has all been announced already.

MStep

I wouldn't count on HP-1 firmware updates being completely dead--- since it appears that the HP-2 is essentially the same radio with P25 Phase 2 capabilities, you might see some firmware upgrades that are designed to improve feature functions on the HP-2 also applicable to the HP-1. But obviously, the HP-1 is more on the "back burner" now that the HP-2 is coming to fruition, and that x36 features have still not been completed.

kd7ckq

So JustLou, Is that Uniden official stance on future HP-1 firmware releases. How did you come about this information?

kd7ckq

So, you have done the Beta Firmware update. How do you roll back to 2.05.03 which I assume was the last Official Firmware Release.

Nevermind folks. I figured I would keep the Beta Firmware.

Last edited:

JustLou

So JustLou, Is that Uniden official stance on future HP-1 firmware releases. How did you come about this information?
You be the judge. UPMan posts and replies in this thread every day up until August, then disappears and does respond to a single question. 4 months later, are you expecting a Christmas miracle?

Status
Not open for further replies.