Honest answer please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 5, 2003
Messages
15,013
Reaction score
10,880
Location
Retired 40 Year Firefighter NW Tenn
Not to through a wrench in this but our department paid for 4 Unications with the DMR option from a dealer listed on the Unication Page over 5 months ago and have not received them yet I just reached out to a person for help.
 

ryolsen8

Active Member
Feed Provider
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
602
Reaction score
106
Location
BEE07
Not to through a wrench in this but our department paid for 4 Unications with the DMR option from a dealer listed on the Unication Page over 5 months ago and have not received them yet I just reached out to a person for help.
What dealer did you go through? Mine were delayed as well due to the new units still being sent to the individual dealers.
 

jason_58201

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2003
Messages
162
Reaction score
25
Location
Polk County, MN
The street price of the SDS100 is around $650 these days, where are you getting a BCD436HP for anywhere near $325

The street price of the SDS100 is around $650 these days, where are you getting a BCD436HP for anywhere near $325?
bought mine on ebay 3 years ago for $400. Just did a search on there now and lots of them for $299. Not too many SDS's going for less than $650. But then what the hell do I know.
 

KevinC

32D2T/957.282
Super Moderator
Joined
Jan 7, 2001
Messages
14,860
Reaction score
24,681
Location
I'm everywhere Focker!
bought mine on ebay 3 years ago for $400. Just did a search on there now and lots of them for $299. Not too many SDS's going for less than $650. But then what the hell do I know.
Used I'm guessing. Silly me, I was assuming we were talking new vs new, not new vs used. I completely own this for assuming something.
 

northwoodsradio

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 16, 2010
Messages
434
Reaction score
71
I have an SDS 200 and live directly within the fringe of a simulcast system that I use to have a hard time capturing with my 197. But my SDS 200 does great. Also my Unication G5 does great with simulcast as well. I would personally recommend a 200 in a heavy simulcast area
 

AAFC

Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
95
Unication has the best receive quality, and sound quality on P25, hand down!

Between myself and two other friends we have ordered 3 Unication pagers (separate orders) and all three of them have arrived within 3 or 4 days. But with encryption happening, I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy a new $630+ dollar P25 pager/scanner today. At least not anyone who lives in or near the metro areas in Minnesota. I am no longer able to listen to the departments where I live. I still occasionally listen to state patrol and the state and metro TAC channels but it's not like it use to be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top