Pro-668: How can I program and update the unit? Pro-668

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
ok so just to clarify, if I already have EZ SCAN on my computer which I use with my 2 PSR 800s then I can just copy my configuration to the new PRO 668? Just so there's no confusion I'm not talking about doing anyffirmware upgrades.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Well I don't have a Pro 668 yet but if I-scan is the same thing as EZ SCAN and there's a way Ican transfer everything over so I don't have to make a configuration from scratch, that would be great!

Hifreak

After years of uniden, I took a flyer on RS 668. Now I've screwed the library up, won't recognize place. No data, etc. What can I do?

kb8rvp

Pro-668: How can I program and update the unit? Pro-668

I have the PSR-800 and the Pro-668. I have both the both the EZSCAN software and the ISCAN software. I have been using the PSR-800 for a few years. I went into the documents folder under the EZSCAN and copied the CDAT folder and then copied it into the ISCAN folder so I didn't have to redo all of my programming from scratch on the Pro-668. The only issue I had after sending the programming to the PRO-668 is my signal strength on the Pro-668 was very low from some setting that was copied over from the PSR-800 settings in the CDAT folder. I did a reset to factory settings and then went back into the settings and set the backlight, priority, keypad beep and a few others and everything is working great the next time I programmed the scanner. You can also reset to factory settings on the scanner it's self too and then just to into settings menu and set everything the way you want it.

Mike

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I have the PSR-800 and the Pro-668. I have both the both the EZSCAN software and the ISCAN software. I have been using the PSR-800 for a few years. I went into the documents folder under the EZSCAN and copied the CDAT folder and then copied it into the ISCAN folder so I didn't have to redo all of my programming from scratch on the Pro-668. The only issue I had after sending the programming to the PRO-668 is my signal strength on the Pro-668 was very low from some setting that was copied over from the PSR-800 settings in the CDAT folder. I did a reset to factory settings and then went back into the settings and set the backlight, priority, keypad beep and a few others and everything is working great the next time I programmed the scanner. You can also reset to factory settings on the scanner it's self too and then just to into settings menu and set everything the way you want it.

Mike

Yesterday I saw a local radio shack store that was closing the PRO-668 on sale for $150.00! However, before I buy it (if there are any left) I wanted to find out if I could just load the data from my PSR-800 into the PRO-668, (like a clone), without having to do anything else. Please advise as soon as you are able as I think the clerk told me they are closing this weekend! Thanks in advance.

jim2332bythebeach

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys...I've been wrestling with programming this pro-668 for about a week...Any p-25 frequencies are coming thru sounding like a busy signal on the phone.. what am i doing wrong...thanks Jim by the beach

Rocky2024

Hi Jim

I tried to get help on here and got more confusing answers so i figured it out myself hope this helps...
MENU
BROWSE LIBRAY
SELECT STATE
SELECT COUNTY
SELECT SYSTEMS (PUBLICK SAFETY)
MENU
IMPORT
PLAY LIST #?
SELECT PLAY LIST
MENU
IMPORT NOW
PLAY

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Let's start by getting precisely what trunk you are trying to program and where you are (county/state is great)?

Go to the DATABASES link in the blue toolbar under the site title, click on FREQUENCY DATABASE then use the various pull downs and prompts. C'mon back with the URL(s) of the system(s) you are trying to hear - then folks can start helping...Mike

jim2332bythebeach

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the quick reply... I'm heading out work...I'll get all that info out tonight....
I'm in Wall Township N.J. ...I' m looking to monitor Asbury Park, N. J. and Ocean Township N.J..... (both in Monmouth County)

Most off our neighboring towns in OCEAN County have gone to P-25 as well...

Best Regards.... Back to you later

J.F.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Thank you for the quick reply... I'm heading out work...I'll get all that info out tonight....
I'm in Wall Township N.J. ...I' m looking to monitor Asbury Park, N. J. and Ocean Township N.J..... (both in Monmouth County)

Most off our neighboring towns in OCEAN County have gone to P-25 as well...

Best Regards.... Back to you later

J.F.

Both Asbury Park and Ocean are encrypted according to the database. This means that they cannot be monitored at all. You have not programmed your Pro-668 wrong, the tone you are hearing is the scanner telling you that it is encrypted. Normally it would sound like some unpleasant garbled digital sounds.

Ed6698

Hi Guys...I've been wrestling with programming this pro-668 for about a week...Any p-25 frequencies are coming thru sounding like a busy signal on the phone.. what am i doing wrong...thanks Jim by the beach

Usually when there is a busy signal encryption is in use. There is a setting that is probably set to busy signal when a encrypted TG is received. That is how I have my 1080 setup when a encrypted TG is received.

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber

Jim.
If you're using iscan you can go into the Advanced Features tab on the bottom (if not there click Advanced on the top and enable it) then under
"Encrypted Digital Audio Settings>Audio Mode" click silence.

AC2OY

I have a question. Yesterday a friend programmed my GRE 800 Using his 668 software. He told me the software is on the SD card but i'm not that computer savy and I cant find it. I saw a link in here for the software but it didn't work. If I cant find the hidden fiel cant i get this software somewhere on the internet? Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.