Pro-668: How can I program and update the unit? Pro-668

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2OY

Thank you RT for responding I somehow got the cdat files or folder to copy into ezscan then copy the current programming back onto the sad card and it actually worked. I am learning...lol

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
I have spent hours trying to do a firmware update and have had no luck. When I hold down MENU and insert the USB cable it shows me

uP BootVer:RF1.1
uP App Ver:RU2.4
CPU SW Upgrade:
Waiting for USB

I have tried several different USB cables and get the same result.
CDAT software can not find my scanner.

When I remove the micro SD and place it in a reader then into the computer I only see the following folders and file...

CDAT (Folder)
DB (Folder)
LDB (Folder)
LOG (Folder)
REC (Folder)
CONFIG_ (VLC File)
CURVS.DAT (DAT File)

I have tried this several times on several different occasions and cant get anywhere with it. I would love to eventually get it to the Whister upgrade but at this point would be happy with any upgrade. Is there anyone that has all of the original files on the SD card so I can compare if I have everything on the card? Is there anyone willing to do the upgrades for a fee ( I pay all shipping costs and for your time ) or walk me through this in a little more detail? I have searched and searched but am as lost as day one.

Thanks,
Dave

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
AND.... Through trying the scanner now says...

uP App Ver: NONE

CPU SW Upgrade:
Waiting for USB

It will NOT come off of that screen regardless of weather or not the USB cable is in.

It's going to be one of those days....

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
AND.... Through trying the scanner now says...

uP App Ver: NONE

CPU SW Upgrade:
Waiting for USB

It will NOT come off of that screen regardless of weather or not the USB cable is in.

It's going to be one of those days....

I assume your trying to install the hacked version using the grefwtool?.....Did you follow the instruction in the wiki? also DO NOT put cpu 4.6 on, only use 4.5 after June 2017. YOu are doing this at your own risk as whistler has changed stuff that could cause your scanner to be stuck exactly where your at.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
I assume your trying to install the hacked version using the grefwtool?.....Did you follow the instruction in the wiki? also DO NOT put cpu 4.6 on, only use 4.5 after June 2017. YOu are doing this at your own risk as whistler has changed stuff that could cause your scanner to be stuck exactly where your at.

I've been trying using the software and have had zero luck. What now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
What is the exact software are you using so we both are on the same page.?

21a682dd7dba7abd38ff130acfc5923e.jpg

cf3d587cabf480a4f7ee15b2864e9522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.