How do I program my BC346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I would treat myself to one of the best scanners and bought the BC346XT. I finally found a manual online, but it is written in a way that someone like myself, who has never had a scanner, imposible to understand, I live out in the country, and it has all of these major cities that are no where near me, and I just want to do my region in which I travel most. Can someone please help me with this, or can I pay someone to do it. I bought the 2009 Radio Reference CD, but I do not know how to enter anything. I just keep listening to the beeps as I keep trying. If I need to, I will just sell it. I even bought the new USB cord for it. Thank You

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
To get started, please let us know what area(s) are you trying to program? Go up to the Database link under the title of the site in the blue toolbar and dig up the URL - then come back and post it. The 346XT is a good little analog only scanner, and DMA can be a bit overwhelming at first.

To get started, check this article out (anything in blue is a link)...

Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

I would start by reading the first 2 topics - then go all the way to the bottom, to the 'Easier to Read' manuals (I don't know if this is what you had originally found as a manual - you didn't say...). Download the manual for the 246, which is the older brother to the 346XT. If you understand this manual, it is a short jump to the 346XT.

For software, I would download the free software FreeScan. The user manual is hosted in our wiki here

As in any technical hobby, there is a myriad of terms and phrases which might be a bit confusing. Our online glossary should be quite helpful in explaining these.

73 (best regards) Mike

Last edited:

xmike24

Hey,

Yeah I'm having the same misfortune. I guess I figured it would be plug and play and not so much programming. I've read almost every tutorial that was inside that link you posted and it's definitely helped out greatly.

What I don't get...
In one of th tutorials it's suggested that we read Scanner Programming

which again helped a bunch. But in one of the images displayed it shows radioreference telling you information about Arlington system for example the fact that it's motorola... Well when I go yo Arlington Tx on radioreference I don't see that.

Areas I'm trying to program with my scanner are
Rochester, NY and
McAllen, TX

thanks in advance for the help

Muskratt

Status
Not open for further replies.