• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How do I purchase or download software from Motorola for XTS 5000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KN6GRJ

I would like to (legally) obtain software to program my new to me used Motorola XTS 5000 in the ham bands. I tried the Motorola Solutions web site, but it keeps giving me an error message when I try to sign in to it. Just in case I'm trying the wrong place, does someone know the best way to get that software (legally)? If you know better than me, maybe I can skip the impossible error message.

MatRat80109

If you have not done it already, you will need to have an active MOL acct.

The sticky thread "Are you looking for free programming software, system keys, or Depot?" above has a link to MOL. There is a link on that page to set up an acct. I believe there is a confirmation/verification process, so just entering the info does not activate the acct. Someone from Motorola will contact you to complete it.

Motorola Customer Care is 800-814-0601 for further assistance.

R/MR

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
This seems to be a common question across a lot of social media platforms. With XTS models being dirt cheap on Ebay people are buying them up and seem to want to program them, many times for trunking systems..

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ Say it, say 'ENCRYPTION'
The XTS2500/5000 series has been discontinued and abandoned by Motorola. They no longer sell the software.

You will have to locate it by other means. Google is your friend.

Astro25 Portable R20.01.00(or close to it) is the last/final release version.

Last edited:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Some companies do not charge for their software, while others have reasonable prices. Others restrict availability even after EOL for the radio support.

wb1ccp

Premium Subscriber
R20.01.00 was indeed the final release. I still see it on my MOL account, but possibly they aren't offering new subscriptions. You never know with the big M.

KN6GRJ

The one I bought says "Has been upgraded to latest R20.50.09 Firmware." on the sales listing. I'll find out when I get it. It says "This XTS5000 is set up for FPP (front panel programming) right through the keypad. It allows you to edit TX/TX frequencies, PL/DPL and operating modes in the field." Is that really true? Will I be able to program everything I want on it, or is it limited to those features? For instance, I often do split frequencies on my Yaesu FT-70D (transmit on a totally different band than receive, receive with CTCSS tone and transmit with DCS tone on a totally different frequency and band). Of course it better have a good quality P25, but that goes without saying.

Also, I like to set up scan banks and stuff like that, depending on my situation, but I'm finding out that's less necessary.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
You're limited to 15 scan members plus one you're parked on.

Fpp is nice for conventional if needed.

Youd need the final cps mentioned as that is the final firmware Version.

Everything must be setup in cps unless the seller kindly set up 15 zones with 16 members etc

hitechRadio

For instance, I often do split frequencies on my Yaesu FT-70D (transmit on a totally different band than receive, receive with CTCSS tone and transmit with DCS tone on a totally different frequency and band).
Only in Band (for obvious reasons), XTS is not a dual band like the Yeasu.
Yes you can mix and match PL and DCS and program non standard splits, no plus and minus repeater shifts like a hammy radio. (well technically there is one exception when it comes trunking).
Good luck on your radio, XTS5k are bullet proof and still primary radio's in many fleets.

Status
Not open for further replies.