How do I set up my Pro-96 for this system??

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamusg

DewAddict said:
How do I get my Pro-96 to P/U this system? I have all the control freqs in and am very versed in the operation of the scanner except when using "status bits."

Whats the trick to hear these municipalities or what setting do I need to change??

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=90

Thanks,

ROb
I don't understand what you mean by status bits on a PRO96. Just set the bank to MOT and the channels to MOT and program in the TG's you want and it should work.

DewAddict

Ok,

that was basically my question, is if the scanner will follow the way the system adds 7 bits to each talkgroup if I am reading correctly.

Thanks,

Rob

seamusg

DewAddict said:
Ok,

that was basically my question, is if the scanner will follow the way the system adds 7 bits to each talkgroup if I am reading correctly.

Thanks,

Rob
The status bits are only 4 bits, they can add 1 to 15 (dec) to a talk group. I know you can enable or disable they on my BC796D, but I don't seee any such option on my PRO96. If you have a talk group you know they are using the status bit with you could program the TG's with the status bits ie:
TG 16 Base TG
17 Tg+1
18 TG +2
etc.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
All of the GRE scanners (AFAIK) ignore the status bits on Motorola systems and you get the base TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.