How much does uniden charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

I might purchase a broken or a Home Patrol that needs repair and they are out of warranty and i wonder if it would be too costly to send it off to uniden to get fixed? If I can get the home patrol for around 50 bucks would it be worth it or just a waist of money.
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992

PiccoIntegra

I'm not trying to be a smart-alec or anything, but a simple search would reveal that answer.

Go to the search link and enter the following search criteria:

Uniden AND repair AND cost

Select the Uniden forum, and search. Simple.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
On the uniden website their is a repair unit area And tells you what to do to send it it in cost 50 dollRs plus another 10 for them to ship it back on top of the cost for you to ship it to them,And it takes about a month to a month and a half for the repair and send back to you

NUGEN

Premium Subscriber
What is wrong with the unit? If it is a loose antenna they are VERY easy to resolder and fix. If it is and you need help walking you thru, PM me and I can guide you.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I might purchase a broken or a Home Patrol that needs repair and they are out of warranty and i wonder if it would be too costly to send it off to uniden to get fixed? If I can get the home patrol for around 50 bucks would it be worth it or just a waist of money.
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992
Flat rate cost for Home Patrol Repair is $49.50.

From Uniden's repair site:

Flat rate repair charges are for out-of-warranty products and in most cases, include all parts and labor necessary to bring your product back to the original specifications.

Shipping and applicable taxes will be added to these charges. Please include $10 for shipping & handling charges if in the US or $15 for shipping & handling charges if in Canada. International charges will vary.

NUGEN

Premium Subscriber
Or..... If it is an antenna issue like I was saying you can go to Radioshack and get the soldering gun, solder kit for like $8. I've invested in a soldering gun, solder and desoldering tool and have fixed countless scanners for friends. Most of the time it's an antenna that came loose and needs to be resoldered, or a bad speaker. FYI you can always go to unidens site and type in the model number of the scanner in the search field and all the parts will come up. Also many of the parts are interchangeable, like the 396T parts fit the XT. You can really save money doing it yourself in most cases, like a speaker on their site costs under $3. I've also gotten DC power Jacks off their site and resoldered them onto the board as well. Don't be intimidated, it's not hard if you take your time, I do advise you to practice holding the soldering gun, melting and soldering a few pieces of wire you won't use first. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.