How to Program Whistler WS1040 and WS1065

afdscan

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered the Whistler WS1040. I'll be using rechargeable batteries. Can I charge the batteries in the radio or do I need to order a separate charger?

Nasby

I just ordered the Whistler WS1040. I'll be using rechargeable batteries. Can I charge the batteries in the radio or do I need to order a separate charger?
You can charge them in the scanner using the yellow battery holder. Some say charging batteries in the scanner is a bad idea but in my over 20 years of scanner use I’ve never had a problem.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you use an AC adapter, make sure you unplug the adapter from AC before plugging into or unplugging from the scanner. There is a warning in the manual about that. It is possible to damage the voltage regulator. The same applies if you are powering the scanner from an adapter in a vehicle. Always unplug from the power source first. What is your city and county so we can get our eyes on the database?

Beowulf50cal

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know how to get ahold of Butel Software? I ordered their scanner programming software and they never sent me an email with a key for the software!

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know how to get ahold of Butel Software? I ordered their scanner programming software and they never sent me an email with a key for the software!
I'm sure you checked your spam folder for the email receipt. To contact Butel, see:

The following is from: Product delivery
  • After you completed your purchase you will receive a unique software key by email. This process takes less than a minute.
  • The software key is also printed on the PDF receipt that you will receive by email.
  • If you created an account at this website you can also directly access the keys in your account

Beowulf50cal

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure you checked your spam folder for the email receipt. To contact Butel, see:

The following is from: Product delivery
  • After you completed your purchase you will receive a unique software key by email. This process takes less than a minute.
  • The software key is also printed on the PDF receipt that you will receive by email.
  • If you created an account at this website you can also directly access the keys in your account
got it! Thanks!