• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How to signup to get MotoTRBO CPS

reillocsw

Can anyone walk me through (or point how where there might be instructions) for a ham to get access to the MotoTRBO programming software and updated firmware directly from Motorola? I have a couple of surplus XPRs and thinking about picking up an R7, but I'd like to be able to program these myself.

Thanks!

-W6IRE

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
After you have the account, you have to call to get your account escalated. It then takes a few days for the updates to happen.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it's related or not, but I also lost access to MyView within the last couple weeks. Have had a MOL account for years. My tickets and phone calls as of now have gone unanswered for almost 2 weeks.

I'm not sure if it's an overall issue with MyView or what the deal is.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it's related or not, but I also lost access to MyView within the last couple weeks. Have had a MOL account for years. My tickets and phone calls as of now have gone unanswered for almost 2 weeks.

I'm not sure if it's an overall issue with MyView or what the deal is.
the old MOL is gone... If you had access to it you should have had access to MyView. You may just have to just open a new account.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
the old MOL is gone... If you had access to it you should have had access to MyView. You may just have to just open a new account.
I know. I have had access to MyView for a long time. All of the sudden, it just stopped working. Even though I know my account info is right, I even tried a password reset and that just gets errors. Doesn't even work.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I know. I have had access to MyView for a long time. All of the sudden, it just stopped working. Even though I know my account info is right, I even tried a password reset and that just gets errors. Doesn't even work.
They changed the access levels of accounts and are trying to push you to either be in the partner program or have less access. You may have to call or chat with them

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
They changed the access levels of accounts and are trying to push you to either be in the partner program or have less access. You may have to call or chat with them
Thanks. Makes sense. I'll try giving them a call again on Monday. So far, they've just ignored me, in true /\/\ fasion. :D

LineNoise

Premium Subscriber
I'm weeks into dealing with this. 3 weeks to get an account but, it's all blank. Nobody knows what's going on over there. Just keep getting transferred around and disconnected.

ElevatorsAndRadios

yarewesog
Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: I got an email from Motorola with the subject line
"Motorola Solutions Welcomes You to Customer Hub!"

This comes after I found a login page somewhere on their site that allowed me to request an upgrade to a business account. Unfortunately, due to how difficult MSI's site is to navigate, I do not know how to navigate back to that page, otherwise I would post a link to it here.

So far, I was able to subscribe to various different radio software and add APX CPS to my cart on Motorola's online shop.

The "secret sauce" is you need to apply for a business account. In my case, I explained to them that I am a licensed amateur radio operator and an end user of their products. I explained that I needed software and firmware for my products. That evidently has worked.

Everyone is so quick to say "just make a Motorola account!" Well, it isn't that simple anymore. This information should be in the pinned thread.