HT1000 VHF (HAM) Programing RIBLESS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakebornNetwork

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I have several HT1000 units and a licensed copy of the RSS. My RIB unit recently failed and I purchased a REBLESS unit online. The RIBLESS unit works, I verified with reading the plugs from my XTS units. When I try to read the HT unit the software uses com1 (correct) and runs as it is reading the code plug. Then I receive a message that there was an error. What am I missing here ?? Thank you - Jon

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Hello, I have several HT1000 units and a licensed copy of the RSS. My RIB unit recently failed and I purchased a REBLESS unit online. The RIBLESS unit works, I verified with reading the plugs from my XTS units. When I try to read the HT unit the software uses com1 (correct) and runs as it is reading the code plug. Then I receive a message that there was an error. What am I missing here ?? Thank you - Jon

Your using a DOS machine with a real serial port correct?
The Ribless cable is the correct version, if your using the one made for the XTS2500/5000, it will NOT work with the MTS2000/HT1000/Jedi radios and XTS3000/3500.

LakebornNetwork

Premium Subscriber
Your using a DOS machine with a real serial port correct?
The Ribless cable is the correct version, if your using the one made for the XTS2500/5000, it will NOT work with the MTS2000/HT1000/Jedi radios and XTS3000/3500.

Yes, I am running DOS 6.1 and with the serial port. And yes, this is the cable for the 3000 series (the same as the HT series).

Any ideas ??

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Being that Motorola never sold RIBLESS cables for the Jedi series, it's hard to say. The DOS RSS can be picky about programming hardware. If you can read/write XTS3K's in CPS, but not HT1000's in DOS RSS, my money says the DOS RSS doesn't like it.

I know people use the Kawamall cables with HT1000's and have no problems. But in the end, getting a STABLE programming platform for these older legacy radios means biting the bullet and using what the FACTORY calls for, which is the RLN4008B (or equivalent) and RIB to Radio cable. Never had a problem with that setup.

I'd say try another computer. Those RIBLESS cables seem to contain an RS232 to TTL converter chip that is not 100 percent compatible with the RLN4008B RIB circuit design. YMMV.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I have a ribless cable I use for my HT1000 and my MT2000's I bought it off of Abell Technology (empire_wireless on ebay) and I haven't had any issues. Are you using the same computer to program the XTS and the HT1000? if not I'd check the comport of your DOS computer and make sure that is up to par.

LakebornNetwork

Premium Subscriber
I have a ribless cable I use for my HT1000 and my MT2000's I bought it off of Abell Technology (empire_wireless on ebay) and I haven't had any issues. Are you using the same computer to program the XTS and the HT1000? if not I'd check the comport of your DOS computer and make sure that is up to par.

I am using a Kawamall cable for the HT1000 and XTS3000 units. I am not using the same laptop. I have a older "radio programing computer", Gateway 2000 to be exact. I use this for my older RSS software. I run the newer CPS software on my toughbook ...

I have tested the cable and I can't find any problems. It sounds like it's DOS related between the connection (com1 port) and the RSS. I'm going to try to create a VM on my server and see if I can get the cable to work on that.

Thank you everyone !

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.