Hurricane Florence Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
I'm in Ohio, we will only get rain..I feel bad for you guys down south

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I'll start my scanners monitoring the Virginia Emergency Management channels on STARS tomorrow. Virginia has ordered those living in Evacuation Zone A to evacuate.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
I'm hoping to keep the Dare County scanner feed up as long as possible. My setup will be powered by a backup generator and will have internet Failover to Verizon, so as long as that stays up, you guys should be able to listen in, even if I have several feet of water under my house (I'm on pilings).

I'm also opening up a new feed specifically for NC VIPER and local HAM frequencies...are they any other frequencies I should add to this new feed? Hopefully it's approved and running by tomorrow afternoon.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping to keep the Dare County scanner feed up as long as possible. My setup will be powered by a backup generator and will have internet Failover to Verizon, so as long as that stays up, you guys should be able to listen in, even if I have several feet of water under my house (I'm on pilings).

I'm also opening up a new feed specifically for NC VIPER and local HAM frequencies...are they any other frequencies I should add to this new feed? Hopefully it's approved and running by tomorrow afternoon.

i hope you are evacuating though

RF-Burns

Hurricane Talkgroups To Monitor

The NC Viper System will be used by local and state agencies for the storm. You will want to program and listen to the following talkgroups. Most of these are system wide talkgroups so you will hear most of these throughout the state

Statewide Interop Talkgroups - State Emergency Operations Center

Statewide Event Talkgroups - These will be used and will be very busy with rescue teams from all over the state.

Emergency Management Talkgroups - These will be used to coordinate resources from all over the state.

DPRR Talkgroups - These could be used for rescue workers working in areas hit by the storm

HART Talkgroups - These talkgroups are the North Carolina Helicopter and Aquatic Rescue Team - If helicopters are needed for rescues these talkgroups become active.

My online feed will have all these talkgroups active, feel free to connect throughout the next few days. Multiple Rescue Teams are on standby and some resources have already been moved around the state. All these talkgroups will get very busy over the next few days and into next week as rescues are taking place.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/18893

Flyham

Just a humble suggestion, but can this thread be moved up to the Hurricane Florence discussion? Just given the amount of info that has already been posted.

RF-Burns

Just a humble suggestion, but can this thread be moved up to the Hurricane Florence discussion? Just given the amount of info that has already been posted.

The only reason I did not post it there is because it seems like everybody was giving weather updates on that thread. If the moderator wants to move it I guess that is fine but the other post was more about whether than anything

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
The only reason I did not post it there is because it seems like everybody was giving weather updates on that thread. If the moderator wants to move it I guess that is fine but the other post was more about whether than anything

Merged with the stuck thread at the top of the forum.
As the first post says very clearly:

This thread is for discussing monitoring info for Hurricane Florence.
Please help us keep it on topic.

Please also help keep there from being 100 Florence related threads cluttering up the forum.
Thanks! :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Tg 51682 NC Doc S/W 4
Tg 51680 NC Doc S/W 2
Are active with check in
Tg 52255 NC S/W Calling

Last edited:

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Hearing traffic on 52601, not listed in database. This was heard on the Wayne county lee plant site. The LID # was in the 20756xx range and also a 20775xx.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hearing traffic on 52601, not listed in database. This was heard on the Wayne county lee plant site. The LID # was in the 20756xx range and also a 20775xx.

Hmmm.....that would appear to align it with Viper Medical Network Zone "L" channel 10 which shows in my list as "reserved". we will have to listen further to see if an accurate user can be ID'ed. :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
Picking up Cumberland county emegency management on talk group 13521. Not in database.running unitrunker to see if any new talk groups pop up. This talk was on viper.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Picking up Cumberland county emegency management on talk group 13521. Not in database.running unitrunker to see if any new talk groups pop up. This talk was on viper.

CUMCOEMMAIN (Emergency Management Main) Added to DB.

Marshall KE4ZNR

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how much I'll hear over here in the Triad, but hopefully some VIPER stuff from further east will get associated with the tower sites over here.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm.....that would appear to align it with Viper Medical Network Zone "L" channel 10 which shows in my list as "reserved". we will have to listen further to see if an accurate user can be ID'ed. :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

Makes Sense. The traffic I heard was talking about patients and patient rooms. The users did not have unit numbers they just called each other by name.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Received multiple hits today on NCPHSWIDE TG 52051 with RIDs of 2097577, 2097579 and 2098018, 2098047, 2098050

Heard unknown TG 52601 with RID 2075617

Unknown if storm related, but, heard what sounded like radio techs in the clear on TG 52244 (Not in database) with a strange RID of 1911 along with 2126050, 2126170 and 2126199. Later heard RID 1911 refer to TG 52245 (also not in database) saying, "Ok gentlemen, channel 6 talk to each other", then heard 2126050 and 2126170 encrypted.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I doubt these have much to do with the storm as these are just normal DOC operational day to day talkgroups.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Actually, in the winter during serious snow storms I've logged hourly check-ins between Regional offices and prisons across the state on these talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.